the empress clarified by the emperor? is it a couple or what?

traversee

this is the outcome of my general love reading. I always consider empress as a dreamy character, generally nothing happens except for some false dreams when this card shows up. but now, it's with the emperor, so this one left a question mark in my head. I have two options:

1) I'll like or fall in love platonically with someone who has the emperor attributes
2) I'll find my match.

what's your opinion?

Moonage Daydream

The Empress as an outcome could be suggesting to take care and nurture yourself first. Since the Emperor was drawn as a clarifier and not with the Empress as the outcome I wouldn't read it as a couple but perhaps the combination is saying that your future relationship may be stable and loving. Just some thoughts!

traversee

The Empress as an outcome could be suggesting to take care and nurture yourself first. Since the Emperor was drawn as a clarifier and not with the Empress as the outcome I wouldn't read it as a couple but perhaps the combination is saying that your future relationship may be stable and loving. Just some thoughts!
I always get direct messages than recommendations from tarot, hope it will be stable and loving, that's what I'm looking for. but to be honest, I'm still a little bit confused.

Grizabella

There are two schools of thought on clarifiers. One is that they say the same thing but just in a different way than the card that confuses you.

Then there are those like me who don't think that's the case and that they only muddy the waters. I'm willing to compromise and say an added cards carries added information, but that's as far as I'll go. With only 78 "words" in the Tarot vocabulary, I don't think there are any cards that mean the same as another. They all have to carry their own weight.

With regard to these two cards and your question, I agree with those who say that since the Emperor clarifies the Empress and wasn't originally drawn for the spread, it doesn't indicate a couple. However, it could be telling you to look within yourself because everything you need for happiness is within you, not external as a partner would be.