3 of Swords and 10 of cups

aurafields

I keep getting this card combo when asking about an ex-boyfriend and I getting back together. I've gotten it about 3 times and I'm still puzzled about this combo. I take it to mean possibly separation/heartbreak followed by "happily ever after" with a new love? Or separation w/ex then reconciliation with my ex? It's kind of a weird combo

Hi HunnyBunny, I meant to ask if they are representative of past, present, future or something else? This may be helpful in determining a much clearer idea of their meaning in your spread.

aurafields

The ultimate question was "is the guy I'm going to end up with my ex" which is basically the same as will my ex and I get back together so maybe this changes anything.
It was really just those 2 cards I pulled together.
I think I will just get a reading from someone else cuz I've began to over think every card I pull and I'm too biased. Thanks!!

Hi again, I reviewed your information for the two cards you drew, the three of swords and ten of cups. I have to tell you, it is doing yourself a real dis-service to only pull two cards to begin with. Sometimes people are afraid of doing larger spreads, but I highly recommend them for love readings. The more cards, the more information available to you. The three of swords in the short, linear spread you sort of did, could be showing the unhappiness now but better times in the immediate or near future. But two cards is just not enough for a good indication of what to expect. I will be happy to help you with interpretations if you would like to throw a Celtic Cross spread or something else. Just let me know.Best wishes. Aurafields.

PAMUYA

I keep getting this card combo when asking about an ex-boyfriend and I getting back together. I've gotten it about 3 times and I'm still puzzled about this combo. I take it to mean possibly separation/heartbreak followed by "happily ever after" with a new love? Or separation w/ex then reconciliation with my ex? It's kind of a weird combo

I have read through this thread and it seems you have not been clear with the question. Yor ex breaking up and you two getting back together are two very different questions. I understand you would need one to have the other, but you must separate the questions. Your ex can separate from the current relationship but may not go back to you. You must be very clear what you are asking. It is a very confusing combination of cards. Throwing more cards into the mix will only confuse you more.

Personally, I would sit back and come up with a question. Make it very clear, try to stay away from yes/no questions, tarot is more descriptive and paints a picture of the situation. Write the question down. I have my own clients do this. You will stay more focused on what is being asked. Be sure to have a clear method of how many cards you will draw per question, are extra cards clarifiers or are they combined cards? It does make a difference.

So I will take your orginal post and ask, "am I and my ex getting back together?". This is a yes/no question, not a descriptive question. There are so many methods of reading for yes/no questions. I personally do not allow my clients to ask them...never. But lets take a look at the cards. 3 of Swords is a broken heart over what, your happily ever after. There is no dispute over the three, it is the 10 of Cups which is confusing you. For me most of the time, the tens in all the suits represent the over exaggeration of that suit. 10 of Cups, Happily ever after is a fantasy, look at the 10 of swords, that is over kill.. and so on. Perhaps this ten of cups represents a non realistic veiw of this relationship which is causing you so much suffering. In matters of the heart we let our emotions run away from logic. It is the 3 which is pushing it to be a No to your question.

I would recoment to step back, take a deep breath and come up with a well thought out question., write it down. Before you draw a card have a plan on how many cards you will draw (the more cards the more complex) are you going to draw clarifiers? Have all this planned ahead of time. I do not know your experience with reading, but I generally keep it simple. Best of luck to you.