10 of Pentacles Reversed as a Charity?

Enlightenment23

I'm feeling a bit generous and I want to give back.

On the position for "What charity should I donate to?", I got the 10 of Pentacles reversed. I pulled the 10 of Cups reversed as a clarifier.

Because the 10 of Cups Rx clarifies the 10 of Pentacles Rx, I am thinking this charity may have something to do with dysfunctional families? Perhaps even an Adoption Center of some sort? How about a homeless shelter (or would that be more a 5 of Pents card)?

What do you guys think?

P.S. This is a part of a larger spread.

rwcarter

The pair could point to charities that help broken families (foster kids, abused wives, kids from single parent families, etc.).

Enlightenment23

The pair could point to charities that help broken families (foster kids, abused wives, kids from single parent families, etc.).

Thank you that's what I figured since those two tens, especially reversed, signal a broken home.

Cheers!

celticnoodle

On the position for "What charity should I donate to?", I got the 10 of Pentacles reversed. I pulled the 10 of Cups reversed as a clarifier.

Because the 10 of Cups Rx clarifies the 10 of Pentacles Rx, I am thinking this charity may have something to do with dysfunctional families? Perhaps even an Adoption Center of some sort? How about a homeless shelter (or would that be more a 5 of Pents card)?

What do you guys think?

P.S. This is a part of a larger spread.

My thoughts for the 10 of pentacles rx is that you may want to volunteer your time--rather then monies. But, I also like what rwcarter says and I can see this as helping with broken families. Perhaps becoming a big brother/sister to a child from a broken home even? Or volunteering at a homeless shelter as mentioned above in your post. I do know they always can use the help of volunteers.

Enlightenment23

My thoughts for the 10 of pentacles rx is that you may want to volunteer your time--rather then monies. But, I also like what rwcarter says and I can see this as helping with broken families. Perhaps becoming a big brother/sister to a child from a broken home even? Or volunteering at a homeless shelter as mentioned above in your post. I do know they always can use the help of volunteers.

I agree -- there is an element of a family in disarray with these two cards. Hmm, I'll have to have a look around my area to see if anything resonates/stands out to me charity-wise. Thanks!

Samweiss

Sometimes 10 of Pentacles can represent old age. So maybe the charity/volunteer work could be for elderly people? Some of those who live in older folk's home are lonely and aren't visited by their relatives a lot, that could fit 10 Cups?

LeFou

Of course it's good to give to charity! But there might be other things to consider.

10 of Coins Rx - Can you really afford it? (Just an idea of course).

10 of Cups Rx - Is family somehow an underlying issue? Sometimes we see "people in need" as "other people," who are "out there." And yet, it may be that there are those in some kind of need very close to us.

celticnoodle

Sometimes 10 of Pentacles can represent old age. So maybe the charity/volunteer work could be for elderly people? Some of those who live in older folk's home are lonely and aren't visited by their relatives a lot, that could fit 10 Cups?

Very true, Samweiss. A lot of seniors in nursing homes don't get visitors and are so needy for someone outside the nursing home to visit and talk with. There is also Meals On Wheels, which is a great charity, delivering meals to seniors who are home bound.

Enlightenment23

Aaaah that's a good one. I used to volunteer at an elderly home too when I was in my teens =]. I'm not so sure if I would go back to volunteer -- it weighed too heavily on my heart (I worked as a companion for elderly people with mental disorders such as Alzheimer's, depression). But I'm willing to donate, if possible, to a nursing home.

Enlightenment23

Of course it's good to give to charity! But there might be other things to consider.

10 of Coins Rx - Can you really afford it? (Just an idea of course).

10 of Cups Rx - Is family somehow an underlying issue? Sometimes we see "people in need" as "other people," who are "out there." And yet, it may be that there are those in some kind of need very close to us.

Good ideas! To your first question is yes, I can afford it. And secondly, I'd like to stress that since the 10 of Cups Rx is a clarification of the 10 of Coins reversed.

In other words, I pulled out the 10 of Coins Rx. I thought it was too vague so I asked the tarot to narrow it down/clarify the card. I got the 10 of Cups Rx. So I don't think it's about money -- especially since that's not an issue. It's also interesting that I pulled out two reversed tens, which to me points to a chaotic home/family life.