3 of Swords and 10 of cups

HunnyBunny334

I keep getting this card combo when asking about an ex-boyfriend and I getting back together. I've gotten it about 3 times and I'm still puzzled about this combo. I take it to mean possibly separation/heartbreak followed by "happily ever after" with a new love? Or separation w/ex then reconciliation with my ex? It's kind of a weird combo

EveryQueen

it would depend on the positions they were in in a spread, and other cards. It could mean that your idea of a 'happy family' relationship with this guy is causing you heartbreak. I would usually expect to see either the 2 or 6 of cups for reconciliation.

Padma

My take would be that *not* getting back together, remaining apart (3 Swords) will give you great joy (10 Cups) in the long run! :D The cards are telling you (in my view) to leave well enough alone, something better is coming :)

Sometimes an ending is a big blessing in disguise! :heart:

rwcarter

And another take on it.

After all the hurt you've experienced with this guy (3S), why are you wanting the happy ending with him (10C)?

Rodney

Mystica7

If you are getting this combo for a yes or no answer (getting back or not with an ex) then my take as well would be unfortunately NO.

Could he be seeing someone else?... I've seen 10 of Cups coming up to signify an ex merrily moving on with other girls. Before everything else, Tarot broke me the news with a handsome 2 of Cups that he finally married. The next card to it was 9 of Swords for me if you wonder...

So two lessons here: 1- A seemingly positive card may mean something negative for you. 2- Position of the cards in a spread and also the surrounding cards are very important.

But since you ask a pretty simple question and two cards at hand...

3 of Swords (no) because (10 of Cups)...

I WANT to be wrong. Just providing my take on it. Please give us feedback on that.

Edit: Thinking on my interpretation further, 3 of Swords can also signify a painful love triangle, and this way the cards may complete each other's message rather than representing a clash.

It could be a good idea to do a reading detailing *his* take on the matter (what does he exactly feels/thinks about you + if he'll make a move). I could humbly suggest that you ask the help of another reader for the sake of objectivity.

aurafields

I keep getting this card combo when asking about an ex-boyfriend and I getting back together. I've gotten it about 3 times and I'm still puzzled about this combo. I take it to mean possibly separation/heartbreak followed by "happily ever after" with a new love? Or separation w/ex then reconciliation with my ex? It's kind of a weird combo
What are the representative positions for both cards?

HunnyBunny334

it would depend on the positions they were in in a spread, and other cards. It could mean that your idea of a 'happy family' relationship with this guy is causing you heartbreak. I would usually expect to see either the 2 or 6 of cups for reconciliation.
Thank you!

HunnyBunny334

My take would be that *not* getting back together, remaining apart (3 Swords) will give you great joy (10 Cups) in the long run! :D The cards are telling you (in my view) to leave well enough alone, something better is coming :)

Sometimes an ending is a big blessing in disguise! :heart:

Thanks! Hopefully :)

HunnyBunny334

And another take on it.

After all the hurt you've experienced with this guy (3S), why are you wanting the happy ending with him (10C)?

Rodney

Thanks. My original question was "is the guy I'm going to end up with my ex" hopefully that clarifies it a little bit

HunnyBunny334

If you are getting this combo for a yes or no answer (getting back or not with an ex) then my take as well would be unfortunately NO.

Could he be seeing someone else?... I've seen 10 of Cups coming up to signify an ex merrily moving on with other girls. Before everything else, Tarot broke me the news with a handsome 2 of Cups that he finally married. The next card to it was 9 of Swords for me if you wonder...

So two lessons here: 1- A seemingly positive card may mean something negative for you. 2- Position of the cards in a spread and also the surrounding cards are very important.

But since you ask a pretty simple question and two cards at hand...

3 of Swords (no) because (10 of Cups)...

I WANT to be wrong. Just providing my take on it. Please give us feedback on that.

Edit: Thinking on my interpretation further, 3 of Swords can also signify a painful love triangle, and this way the cards may complete each other's message rather than representing a clash.

It could be a good idea to do a reading detailing *his* take on the matter (what does he exactly feels/thinks about you + if he'll make a move). I could humbly suggest that you ask the help of another reader for the sake of objectivity.
The ultimate question was "is the guy I'm going to end up with my ex" which is basically the same as will my ex and I get back together so maybe this changes anything.
It was really just those 2 cards I pulled together.
I think I will just get a reading from someone else cuz I've began to over think every card I pull and I'm too biased. Thanks!!