Help with the 6 Pents

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a reading I draw the 6 of Pentacles as what to start doing to achieve self-fulfillment, you can see my reading here if you like: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=270625.

Unfortunately I haven't understood this advice yet.

I used the Tarot of Pagan Cats and here's the image for the 6 Pents: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/85/01/2e/85012e651e28ce12f673a86ee706b5c6.jpg. I see myself as the "rich cat", so I'd say the advice may be I need to find a balance between giving and receiving, like starting sharing what I have with the other people, especially feelings for example. Today I've thought about something else though: could it be instead that the card is suggesting me to be grateful for my blessings (by comparing the wealthy cat with the poor ones)?

Any other idea? This card always gives me a hard time, thanks.

Grizabella

I agree that this card could be saying to do more for others. Maybe find a charitable cause to donate to or volunteer to do something like being a "baby cuddler" in a hospital where there are babies without parents who can spend time holding and rocking them.

However, there's another side to this. Sometimes when we're accustomed to being the giver, we find it hard to accept someone giving to us. I believe it's as important to accept from others as it is to give. Sometimes when a person is used to being the giver, they feel awkward to be given to.

Thirteen

Given the deck you're using, have you thought of volunteering at a cat shelter? :) The kitties "give" as much back in purrs and soft fur as you give to them in making sure they're groomed and fed.

The 6/Pents is, yes, about giving and receiving and how both sides have to do both. In this particular card, the cats share a ball of yarn. The idea is that there's certainly enough yarn for all to enjoy, and as they share it, they also play together and this hightens the fun. One cat playing with the yarn couldn't possibly have as much fun.

My cat is always crying for me to play with her. She could play all on her own, but it's far more fun for her if I play with her. And for me, as I never quite know what she's going to do next, and I end up smiling and laughing and enjoying myself as well. So it's not just about finding balance, but finding that your "riches" are more "rich" of more value if you share. Likewise, what your receive is of more value if someone is sharing it with you. Like a cupcake that tastes better if someone has offered to split theirs with you. They're not gifting you with their cupcake, or offering to buy you your own. Rather, they're making that one cake into a communal experience for both of you. You share the enjoyment, together, and so connect, and heighten the experience.

Absynthe

I think the tarot of pagan cats kinds of misses the boat on the essential meaning of this card which makes it harder than it needs to be.

6 Pents - the need to give before you get, the need to be open to receiving, being in flow is another meaning I've seen it for.

Given the other cards I would say this one falls closer to the being in flow, giving before you get, meaning in your spread. You've got overthinking as your block and patience as another action. So just put it out there repeatedly to get into flow.

elena_jaymz

I agree that this card could be saying to do more for others. Maybe find a charitable cause to donate to or volunteer to do something like being a "baby cuddler" in a hospital where there are babies without parents who can spend time holding and rocking them.

However, there's another side to this. Sometimes when we're accustomed to being the giver, we find it hard to accept someone giving to us. I believe it's as important to accept from others as it is to give. Sometimes when a person is used to being the giver, they feel awkward to be given to.
Hi Grizabella, thanks for your reply. I know that the 6 of Pentacles can be about charity etc, but in this case it doesn't fit with me. The second part of your post instead guessed it right: I feel awkward to be given to, I need to change this aspect of myself.

elena_jaymz

Given the deck you're using, have you thought of volunteering at a cat shelter? :) The kitties "give" as much back in purrs and soft fur as you give to them in making sure they're groomed and fed.
Thanks Thirteen for you reply, it may be, after all I like cats :D

The 6/Pents is, yes, about giving and receiving and how both sides have to do both. In this particular card, the cats share a ball of yarn. The idea is that there's certainly enough yarn for all to enjoy, and as they share it, they also play together and this hightens the fun. One cat playing with the yarn couldn't possibly have as much fun.
Yeah, I see what you mean, share what you have with someone else and have fun together.

My cat is always crying for me to play with her. She could play all on her own, but it's far more fun for her if I play with her. And for me, as I never quite know what she's going to do next, and I end up smiling and laughing and enjoying myself as well. So it's not just about finding balance, but finding that your "riches" are more "rich" of more value if you share. Likewise, what your receive is of more value if someone is sharing it with you. Like a cupcake that tastes better if someone has offered to split theirs with you. They're not gifting you with their cupcake, or offering to buy you your own. Rather, they're making that one cake into a communal experience for both of you. You share the enjoyment, together, and so connect, and heighten the experience.
I totally agree, my "riches" will become more "rich" if I share them with someone else, the enjoyment will be much bigger.

elena_jaymz

I think the tarot of pagan cats kinds of misses the boat on the essential meaning of this card which makes it harder than it needs to be.
Hi Absynthe, thanks. Lately I'm coming to the same idea :D

6 Pents - the need to give before you get, the need to be open to receiving, being in flow is another meaning I've seen it for.
It adds up, giving before receiving.

Given the other cards I would say this one falls closer to the being in flow, giving before you get, meaning in your spread. You've got overthinking as your block and patience as another action. So just put it out there repeatedly to get into flow.
Yeah, you're right, just get into flow, the more you give, the more you get in theory.