Orphalese Tarot Software Version 10 about to be released

LadyMarian

Just uploaded the new version this week. I have a question about using the spread exchange. How to I change the deck on a spread in exchange? I keep getting a validation error because the spread creator has assigned a specific deck to be used with the spread.

***ETA: answered my own question. had to go into edit spread and tell the program to use any deck and make sure to save it when finished.

purple_scorp

So Purple Scorp I have a question for you I have loaded Titanias spread of Lenormand cards in my spreads section but is there a way to choose the card from the 9 you originally drew to place in the centre? I have joined the FB group too and have been watching the tutorials and have learned stuff I didn't know :)

Hello tarotlova,

I created a tutorial, just for you, using Titania's Fortune Cards to show how you can pull one card aside from the 9-Card Spread, to place in the centre of the 36-Card Spread.

You'll find the tutorial on my purple_scorp Youtube channel (which I don't think I'm allowed to post the link to here). But, there is also a link to it on the Orphalese Help website too (which I can't post the link to here either).

But google is your friend! (Just make sure when you go hunting for my channel, you put the underscore in as in purple_scorp because there is also a purplescorp too.)

Okay, here's how I did it:

1. Create and save the 9-Card Spread using Titania's Fortune Cards.

2. Create and save the 35-Card Spreading using Titania's Fortune Cards. (Note you do not put a Card in the first position in this Spread, so Card 1 is actually the Centre Card that covers the Card you will use from the first Spread.)

3. Do a Reading using the 9-Card Spread. (Optional, Create and save Reading Notes).

4. Move one Card to the side and return remaining Cards to Deck.

5. Shuffle the Deck (now has 35 Cards).

6. Do a Reading using the 35-Card Spread.

7. Drag the Card from the first Spread to the Centre of the Second Reading.

8. Click the Cover Card to put it back on top.
(Optional, Create and save Reading Notes).

I didn't test the Reading Notes, so I'm not sure how they will go for the Second Reading and whether they will include the Card from the first Reading. If they don't you'll have to copy and paste them in.

I'll upload the two Spreads.

Watch the tutorial and let me know what you think.

with love

purple_scorp

Just uploaded the new version this week. I have a question about using the spread exchange. How to I change the deck on a spread in exchange? I keep getting a validation error because the spread creator has assigned a specific deck to be used with the spread.

***ETA: answered my own question. had to go into edit spread and tell the program to use any deck and make sure to save it when finished.

Hi LadyMarian,

sorry I didn't get to reply to your post but glad to see you figured it out. How are you going with Version 10?

Regards

LadyMarian

Hi Purple Scorp,
I have been using the program since 2012! Can't believe it has been that long. I have really enjoyed using it over the years. The upgrade makes things a little easier. I am putting my cartomancy spreads and notes on the program to use with playing cards. It makes readings faster. I started using the program out of curiosity and the more I use it the more I like it. I only have time on the weekends to use the program so will have to wait till Saturday to do readings again.

purple_scorp

Hi LadyMarian,

Bet you can't wait for the weekend then!

If you can think of anything that Orphalese doesn't do, let me know. Richard (programmer) has already started a list for the next major release which won't be until next year (though there will probably be minor releases in between).

I also have a list of tutorials I'd like to create. Let me know if there's anything that you'd like me to showcase.

with love

tarotlova

Awesome!

That is awesome purple_scorp! I will have a go at this tomorrow as hubby will back at work then and I won't be disturbed :thumbsup:

Disa

Oh, good. I'm glad to read about these new updates. I've tried Orphalese twice before and I could never get it to work.IDK, user error? Anyway, I'm happy to know you are making tutorials and I will try again. 3rd time's a charm, right? To chime in to what Gregory said...some of us don't have Facebook and won't be getting it.

Barleywine

Hi Barleywine,

I've tested creating and editing new Spreads in Beta 10 with different numbers of Cards and I see that each time, the Cards have renumbered themselves. Good catch, I'm pretty sure you found a bug. Thanks for persisting. I've let Richard know. (and that's why we have Beta versions, right gregory?)

Has this been fixed? I would love to try the beta again.

purple_scorp

Hi Disa,

I hear you.....Facebook is not my thing either :bugeyed:.

I've been using Orphalese for 11 years so, let me know if you still have trouble downloading and installing Version 10. Actually, there's also a section about downloading and installing on the Help Website. (Just keep in mind that I haven't finished the Help rewrite for Version 10 yet, so some of it might still be Version 9 images and instructions.)

That's why I'm also creating tutorials in between, because sometimes it's quicker and more effective to show people rather than write about it. Really, the most up to date tutorials are going to be on the purple_scorp Youtube channel because that's where I'm posting them first. Then, I'm including links on the Help Website and then trickling them to FB. And don't forget, Orphalese also has its own forum where Richard (programmer) posts the most up to date program information.

Hopefully between Richard and his happy band of volunteers we can cover all bases and keep everyone informed.

with love

purple_scorp

Has this been fixed? I would love to try the beta again.

Hi Barleywine. Not only fixed, the full version has been released. No longer in Beta. I need to post another thread about the release because there is also a new celebration Deck and Spread to go with it. :thumbsup:

Gosh, there aren't enough hours in the day. If only I didn't have a day job!