The Daemon Tarot

Alta

I don't think you can compare this deck to Fallen Angels Oracle in any way personally.
Well, certainly not artistically. But there is a lot of overlap in the daemons, or fallen angels, chosen. But I agree, they are very different oracles, I have both now.

Le Fanu

I don't think you can compare this deck to Fallen Angels Oracle in any way personally. I just ordered myself a copy.
In any way? I think you can. Just because of the theme. Not the artwork but the sources and the theme are the same. Many of the featured demons are from Weyer's False Monarchy of Demon appendix which is also where the "demons" in the Fallen Angel Oracle are taken. I prefer this deck much more.

DeToX

Ah ok, I think I jumped the gun a little here. Statues were mentioned and I immediately thought of a tarot deck I'd seen on Aeclectic that was based on statues and gravestones and assumed that was what the Fallen Angels Oracle was. Looking at the review of the Fallen Angels, this is a deck I haven't seen before. Interesting concept, but not really my cup of tea in terms of execution. Many of the collaged images leave me rather cold.

DeToX

A question for everyone who has received their deck. Are your cards all the same size? In mine, it's strange, the deck is of course stored in two halves in the box (Abigor -> Garuda in one pile, then Gomory -> Zaebos in the other).

However, one stack of cards is a different size to the other, out by about 1mm in height and 1/2mm in width. Each stack is internally totally consistent in height and width. It looks odd when you put all the cards together, it's like each half of the cards was manufactured differently.

Also the edge rounding is not quite level in places, when you hold one half of the cards together, the rounding is deeper at the start and shallower at the other, except for Abigor which is as shallow as the last card of the pile. This rounding issue doesn't bother me particularly, but the cards not being the same height does somewhat. I know in this day and age we are spoilt.

Otherwise I can't grumble about a deck and book at this price point. Nice card stock and quality booklet and box. Anyway, I was wondering whether it was just my deck that was affected, or if they are all like this? Thanks for the input.

Alta

My two stacks are the same width, but one stack is just a tiny bit shorter than the other.

alan

No size issues with mine but the top right hand corners of one pile were rough and not uniform.

Le Fanu

My two stacks are the same width, but one stack is just a tiny bit shorter than the other.
Really? Mine are the same size but they do feel like two distinct piles. I think it might be just because they are new and need breaking in. I have shuffled them and it's got a bit better.

DeToX

Thanks for the input. By the sounds of it there were some manufacturing issues with the cards, but I think I got unlucky with my deck. I think I'll send it back to amazon and in all likelihood the replacement deck will be slightly better.

LadyDeborah

I stumbled upon this deck tonight at Barnes&Noble. I hadn't seen this thread earlier, so was a bit surprised to see the set at B&N. I haven't had a chance to look at it much yet, but I'm glad I saw this so I can check to see if my cards are all the same size. I think it looks very interesting. The book is wrapped separately in the box, which I think is a nice touch to keep it extra secure in shipping. I am always impressed by packaging, especially lately with so many decks packaged in the flimsiest of boxes that collapse and come apart even when they are new. I'm impressed by these cards. Not only is it unusual, it has so much history to explore. I love that! :)

DeToX

Sent back my first deck to amazon and bought another and it is fine! Both stacks are the same size. I guess I was unlucky the first time.