Pearls of Wisdom Reading - reading about my mother

Rede Seeker

My Mother is having a pacemaker implanted today. She's pretty calm about it. I was curious as to whether she really was calm or putting on a brave face. She's in Wisconsin and I live in Texas. It's not like I can look into her eyes and see the truth reflected there - so Tarot was my alternative.

I used the Pearls of Widsom Deck and the Witch's Pyramid Spread

3 1 2

1 = To Know = Six of Swords reversed
2 = To Will = Five of Pentacles reversed
3 = To Dare = Ten of Wands reversed
4 = To Imagine = Four of Pentacles
5 = To Be Silent = Emperor

Mom's on a journey and she's not alone but she also doesn't know where she'll find herself afterwards. She's not feeling any loss and she's willing to cede responsibility and action to someone else. She is in a relatively secure position and has confidence in her doctor(s).

What I find curious is all the reversed cards on the horizontal row - things that could stress her out but she chooses to accept their presence without letting them control her outlook. It's also interesting that the 'emotion' suit, Cups, is missing.

My conclusion is that she really isn't stressing over this.

MeeWah

Rede Seeker: Based on the immediate impressions, agree. She has found an inner peace & understanding not of the earthly measures.

She does not know nor really understands the technical aspects & feels no need to know, either. (6-Swords-R; 5-Pentacles-R).

Therefore, willing to leave 'all the work' in the hands of those who do know since she has implicit faith in their expertise (10-Wands-R; 4-Pentacles; 4-The Emperor).

She does understand, however, that she is a viable candidate for this procedure (10-Wands-R; 4-Pentacles).

& it will relieve the undue duress placed on her life & health (10-Wands-R).

Contribute to restoring stability so she can moreorless be in charge of her life & person (4-Pentacles; 4-The Emperor).

Btw: Not familiar with this deck, but the impressions too strong to dismiss.

Sulis

The reversed cards are all in the middle row and they are topped and tailed by two cards which both have the number 4 and so represent stability and security.
Almost like those two fours are her walls of protection.

The fact that there are cards such as 10 of Wands, 5 of Pentalcles and 6 of Swords there say that their energies are there within your mum but they're reversed and bordered by the two fours so she has them under control.

I think she looks as if she's handling this just fine by keeping it to herself; it's a barrier she's put up as a coping mechanism.
She's putting on a bit of a brave face but I think that's not to say that she's not really calm and coping well.

Rede Seeker

Another Pearls of Wisdom Reading for my Mother

First - thank you for your insights. I did not read such depth. Wow!

Second - the surgery went well, I spoke with her this afternoon, she'll be in her own home tonight.

This second reading uses the same Pearls of Wisdom Deck and the same Witch's Pyramid spread.

3 1 2

1 = To Know = Queen of Cups
2 = To Will = Emperor reversed
3 = To Dare = Five of Cups reversed
4 = To Imagine = Ten of Swords
5 = To be Silent = Judgement

My Mother is in her element now, she's recovered herself. Enough with the Doctors and Medical establishment. She's not going cry over what's been lost. Still, there has been a loss and the effect will have consequences and she knows this. In the end, things happen for a reason. Sometimes we see what it is, sometimes we wait a lifetime to see the big picture.

In summary, she's Ok with what's happened. Not overwhelmed by it, not joyous either. There is a danger of depression after she gets home (five of cups; ten of swords). The Judgement card has me spooked. Mother is not a particularly deep minded person, it's one of her coping mechanisms. It looks like she'll be forced into contemplation of things she'd rather not acknowledge. I don't think any of my siblings will be much help to her on this.

The Suit of Cups that was missing yesterday is here now.

Rede Seeker

Witch's Pyramid Spread

I see the software left-justifies things. In the Witch's Pyramid Spread the
5-1-4 form a central, vertical axis. The 3-1-2 for a central, horizontal axis. Something like this:

-----5-----
--3--1--2--
-----4-----