Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 

Question Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

We've talked about doing this elsewhere, but I was looking at my Hallowquest book last night and had a thought.

It struck me that if we started now and hurried up a bit with the preparation lessons we could just about be in time to start at the Summer segment of the book, on the right date.

Anyone interested?

Aerin
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Kaz 
Citizen

aerin,
i would love to, but, i dont have this deck yet, and the hallowquest book is out of print.........though i am still hunting for it....

kaz
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2

Aerin 

kaz, how frustrating. Amazon sometimes have the book second hand I've noticed although you have to take care to get the latest edition (1997/ 98).

Aerin
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Aerin,
What are the differences between the editions? I have the older version and was planning on using that one for the study group???

And yes, I would love to start it!!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

Kaz 
Citizen

please wait for me........
i ordered it at powell's now, used, i don't know yet if/when they will ship. if i have the book i am fine, coz i can see all the cards online somewhere, forgot where, but i'll dig it up.

kaz
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Citizen

faunabay 
Citizen

Kaz,
You didn't have to pay too much money did you? I was keeping an eye open for one for you. Jewel passed on to me you were looking for one.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

Kaz 
Citizen

no the price was ok.
but i still might need your help if they can't deliver it for some reason. they take 1 to 3 days to process orders, so someone might have snatched it right before me.
i'll keep you posted what happens here.
thanks for your help as well faunabay

kaz
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7

Aerin 

faunababy, the old version has a lot of material in it which is now in the handbook which goes in the deck (allegedly, I'm going from the introduction here). Also, the Arthurian Tarot Course was originally a separate book, and is now in the Hallowquest (1997) book along with some stuff from the old Hallowquest book incorporated in the lessons. I can write some summaries of the lessons.

The Quest for the Spear starts on 21st June and there are 5 lessons to complete before we start, beginning with Lesson One: Meditation and Diary Keeping. That's why I suggested starting now-ish. The main thing we all need is a diary.

Do we just start in here or do we ask someone nicely for a Special Board??? Anyone know?

Aerin
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

Kaz 
Citizen

aerin, if you can provide me with the text i need, i can start as well.
we can go along here til it clutters the general section so much that we need a seperate board i think, anyway, that's solandia's bussiness as she is admin, we can ask when it gets to crowdy here.
for those who haven't got the deck, i found the site which shows the pictures of all the cards in a slideshow, fast copy/pasting there if you want to look longer than 8 secs at a picture
http://www.laylianm.com/reviews/arthurian.htm

so, if everybody wants to start, then maybe we should......

kaz
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Resident

kai 
Resident

Hello everyone,

I've been following the other thread in which people where discussing the hallowquest.

I had recently bought the cards and went on a mission to find the hallowquest book which was mentioned. I recently managed to get it, secondhand, through Amazon.com which, believe me, felt like a quest in itself. I'm not sure which edition I've got but it goes through the different quests, corresponding to the seasons so I think I've got the right one.

I've been planning to start at the Summer/Spear quest after doing the preliminary stuff and preparing myself. I would love to join with other people in a study group whilst going through it. So please count me in, if that's ok ?

Kai (Sarah)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.