Morgan Greer Study: Court Exercise 1

atypical

Which makes me feel warm and welcome:
King of Cups- he looks like he’s offering me a giant goblet of wine!

Which would I avoid:
Knight of Swords- he looks like he just killed somebody and enjoyed it! And who brings a blood-stained sword to a beach party anyway?

Which am I attracted to:
Queen of Swords- she has the nicest outfit and surroundings, and she looks very honest and proud.

Which makes me feel light-hearted and playful:
King of Pentacles- reminds me of 2 Greek gods, grapes = Dionysus and horns = Pan. Those guys know how to party!

Which do I admire for wisdom and understanding:
Queen of Cups- the water, seashells, and her facial expression make her seem very calm, intuitive and connected to nature. I think she’d give great advice.

I still find the court cards hard to connect with. For me, the swords are the most evocative and the rods are the most difficult. The rods are somewhat ugly and boring and have inexpressive faces.

Hemera

Which of the characters makes you feel warm and welcome? The one that makes you feel appreciated and part of the group. I agree with atypical that it would have to be the King of Cups. He has a welcoming cup in his hand and he looks like he would be interested in talking to me.

In the distance, you see a character that you do not like. He or she makes you feel uncomfortable. Which court character will you do anything to avoid? I first thought it would be the Knight of Swords but I think he might like to have people join him in his fight. We´d fight together and we might have fun at it. But the King of Swords looks frightening because he looks very stubborn and set in his ways. He is a conservative who would not even listen to anyone who is not as powerful, noble and wealthy as he is.

Which court in the party are you physically attracted to? The one that you feel drawn to like a magnet?
King of Pentacles is very handsome and looks straight at me. Is it getting warm in here? [..fanning my cheeks..]

Which court makes you feel light-hearted and playful as you watch them have a wonderful time on the beach? Perhaps the Knight of Rods, although like someone said earlier in this thread, none of these courts looks like they´d enjoy partying on a beach.

Which character do you deeply admire for their depth of wisdom and understanding? You do not want to miss the opportunity of being in this person’s presence.
I have always loved the Queen of Rods most of all. She is warm and caring and wise. She is the one I´d go to.

tapestry

Thanks, Hemera, for starting this thread again! I just recently got the Morgan Greer and I'm totally smitten by this deck and would love to learn more....here's my take on the court cards:

The Queen of Cups seems the most warm and welcoming to me and seems to be offering me some wine! She just has a friendly and benign demeanor to me.

The Queen of Rods is the one I would avoid as she looks to be mean and possibly threatening to hurt someone with the rod she's holding! Her eyes and mouth seem to have a "don't mess with me" look.

I feel physically attracted to the King of Pentacles. He exudes confidence plus he's very good-looking!

The Page of Rods seems like he's trying to act all adult by trying to hold the rod correctly, but he really wants to play on the beach with his friends and have some fun, and I would enjoy watching him throw down the rod and enjoy himself!

The King of Swords seems to be the wisest of the bunch and says to me that "although I carry this sword, I only use it against my enemies as a last resort and would prefer working things out peacefully by offering them some wheat which I am also carrying."