Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

Gulliver

New: February 6th, 2015

Please Note

We're very excited to welcome REALL as our new Technical person!

All contributors should PM Reall via A.T. FORUM with the dropbox link to their card design and LWB. Or, if you don't have a dropbox account, you can send the images directly to Reall's email address astrokartes@gmail.com so she can add it to the shared folder.

Here is the link to the new shared folder in dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sz0c5nupj07qdsg/AAC0Y8QGJWpmGt2vuBJf_vrua?dl=0

If you prefer that your artwork is not shared, please notify Reall.

At the moment Flames and reall will be the main contact persons for the deck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is only for discussion!!! Please post no cards you want to create in this thread!

Poll for technical details: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224561

Hi folks!

Tadaaa: We want to make a new AT collaborating deck!

Please post here your ideas, wishes, remarks.

My thoughts are:

(1) I need 6 people for the team, which organises the creating process. At least two members of them should be a bit experienced (participation of earlier creating of an AT deck).

Every person of the team has to take care of 13 cards (take care of the creators of these cards). All together the sum is the 78 cards.

(2) At least there have to be 50 persons, which are interested in creating one or more cards before we can start the project. For collecting, who is interested in, we will start a new thread in the Creating Forum.

Here's the link: Sign-up for the fifth AT collaborative deck

(3) If, and only then, one creator has completed one card, he/she may take a second one. But please, let us know, if you are thinking AT THE MOMENT that you maybe would take a second or third card. That is not a promise, only for estimation how many people maybe would create more than one card.

(4) We will act in the sense of Gregory's suggestion and will be working without any theme. Every creator has full freedom to bring their own imaginations to the reality.

That are the rules...Please let us discuss the rules in these thread!

The Team:

-Teammembers: Gulliver, Reall, Flames, Starlightexp, Daphne, Marirowana.
-Tech Support: Annabel398

ETA: Poll for the technical details: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224561

-----------------------------------------

The Poll has been closed now at the request of the organizers and they have also sent this to post, the results:
Artwork Specs

DIGITAL ARTISTS:
Your art should be 750 pixels wide by 1225 pixels tall at 300dpi.
(If you want to work larger than life size, you can do 1000x1633 at 400dpi)

NON-DIGITAL ARTISTS:
Your art should be 2-1/2" wide by 4-1/16" tall.
or 63mm wide by 104mm tall.
Want to work larger than life size? Try 5" x 8-1/8" (or 127mm x 207mm) and scan at 50%

The ratio of width to height should be 30:49.

You don't have to worry about "safe area" or "bleeds"--because we're doing borders in post-production, you can just design to the exact space listed above.

Please include the text for in the LWB as well.

Deadline: March 15, 2015

---------------------------

ETA: Link for Artwork specs and technical questions:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224681

---------------------------

ETA: Link for the deck in progress:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=224918

Marirowana

I followed the discussion in your other thread, and wanted to offer to participate/organize, so I'd like to join in here :) I could create one or two cards, and take responsibility for 13 of the cards. But I have no experience.

The rules sound good, no theme, only sign in for a second one after first one is finished. That might give some time pressure if someone really likes to do a few specific cards, which might be a shame... but from what I heard the past learned this is a good way.

Thanks for starting this project, Gulliver! :thumbsup:

Gulliver

Whohoo!! :heart: Thanks soo much Marirowana! We are already 2 members for the team! :)

If you look at the link I just pasted (or go to the Creation Forum) you would be the first person who may choose the card.

dancing_moon

I'd love to participate as a 'contributing artist' but I currently have no scanner and nor do I have access to any. How bad is that? :(

Marirowana

Another subject of discussion is the printing of the deck, let's keep that discussion in this thread, as well :) i'm switching back and forward between three threads about this now ;)

I'm not sure if printing is a great idea either, unless you could arrange a pay-in-advance system. But if the price is rather high, I don't think man people would buy it.

@dancing_moon maybe a high quality picture would be an option!

I have a little experience with graphics, photoshop etc. So if someone needs those skills, let me know :)

dancing_moon

Yes, I was thinking about just taking pictures, my camera can do a pretty high resolution, even with the shaking hands of mine. :rolleyes: I'm willing to give it a try early on, so that, in case it doesn't qualify, someone else can take up my card and be over with it. So, if it's OK with Gulliver, I'm in. :)

freyaisunavailable

Do you have something like a FedEx store in the Ukraine? That is where I go anytime I want to scan something.

gregory

I'd love to participate as a 'contributing artist' but I currently have no scanner and nor do I have access to any. How bad is that? :(
You could work with a computer art programme like Paint or even "paint" in Photoshop or something like that ?

Rose Lalonde

Thanks for this. Assuming enough people sign on, do you have a rough estimate of about how long creators will have to complete their card(s)?

Flames

Hello Gulliver! :)
I signed on in the other thread to create a tarot card and am also willing to create two more.

I'm with Marirowana! :) I'll take responsibility for 13 cards. I'm very excited! Thank you for this opportunity.
In other words, I'll like to be 1 of the 6 people for the team. :)