FISH?!

ana luisa

Taking it further, if Man-Fish were ALWAYS man with money, how would you read

Man WITHOUT money ? (wouldn't it be nice if Lennie would always find us rich suitors ? :))
Alcoholic
etc,etc,etc

I also wonder why would you need the reading to remain as SET as such. I understand that for some, a basic framework is useful and productive. That's why many readers like to work with pre-determined traditional meanings but you will eventually need SOME flexibility. Answers won't come in a rigid mould and neither should your interpretation of them. Find a middle ground like Teheuti proposed (using the traditional but allowing for extra cards/info and working out the nuances of the questions and context).

Izzydunne

Tehuti:

Yes a book of simple combos would be very useful to most people. You are an accomplished and prolific writer, perhaps you have one in the works. I think this is an excellent idea.

From my perspective there is a big difference between Man+Fish, and Man+Fish+Fox

Man+Fish is a man with money.

Man+Fish+Fox is a man with money who cannot be trusted.

And yes, Man+Fish+Coffin is loss of money, and one form of that occurrence can be bankruptcy. Of course you can lose millions and still be solvent if you have that kind of cash flow. Remember bankruptcy is a legal proceeding. Those on the street begging have lost their money but probably never filed for bankruptcy.

How about that, there are several things we agree on.

Izzydunne

Melia:

If a client asks about a health question (fertility) in the US, this is a medical question and unless you want the authorities breathing down your neck you do not answer medical questions unless you have a license to do so.

That said, now I will answer your question. If a man wanted to know if he was infertile because his wife cannot conceive what would I tell him if I drew Man+Fish. First of all I would have asked him if he had taken a semen analysis test (sperm count, motility, etc.). I would also if his wife had taken a fertility test. If he answered yes and the test showed nothing problematic, then the Man+Fish card combo would not come up in my reading. The divine knows how to communicate with me and give me clear simple answers.

Teheuti

Tehuti:

Yes a book of simple combos would be very useful to most people. You are an accomplished and prolific writer, perhaps you have one in the works. I think this is an excellent idea.
I'm afraid I couldn't write such a book. I can give some examples of combos but I don't see any of them as definitive. I found Sylvie's book of combos helpful when I first started my serious study, especially in terms of seeing how two cards can represent a single thing, but I soon 'outgrew' it, nor was I interested in memorizing set meanings. OTOH, I derive most of my combos by following a very traditional approach that emphasizes their emblematic rather than symbolic meanings. (Emblems have a limited set of specifically defined meanings; symbols are unlimited in their potential associations, and can be personal as well as cultural or archetypal.)

Izzydunne

Ana-luisa said:

"wouldn't be nice if the Lennies always found us rich suitors."

We live in the Kali Yuga, the great age of darkness. Almost everyone craves wealth, position and power, and will do anything to get it. No one craves wisdom and the great difficulties necessary to acquire it. This is to be expected in a time of great darkness. I have known many wealth people in my life, they are as miserable as everyone else, and maybe more so. Perhaps you would do better to desire a suitor of compassion, courage and wisdom.

Fish+Coffin, Fish+Mice, and Fish+Scythe all indicate loss of money or money problem. So, if the question is about a man and any of these two card combinations came up you would know he has money difficulties.

As to the question of why I need "a reading to be set and such". I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Izzydunne

Tehuti:

You asked about a key word book, and I said I thought it to be a good idea, and I meant for beginners. Sylvie's book also serves that function.

Lee

Ana-luisa said:

"wouldn't be nice if the Lennies always found us rich suitors."

We live in the Kali Yuga, the great age of darkness. Almost everyone craves wealth, position and power, and will do anything to get it. No one craves wisdom and the great difficulties necessary to acquire it. This is to be expected in a time of great darkness. I have known many wealth people in my life, they are as miserable as everyone else, and maybe more so. Perhaps you would do better to desire a suitor of compassion, courage and wisdom.
I don't want to speak for ana luisa but I believe she was just joking (the smiley face in her original post is a clue).

ana luisa

I don't want to speak for ana luisa but I believe she was just joking (the smiley face in her original post is a clue).

:) Thank you Lee, I WAS joking. But that's ok, I already said what I had to say in this thread.

Izzydunne

Hi Lee;

You said : "I don't want to speak for ana luisa but I think her comment was just joking."

I say the smiley face, and I realized she was joking. However, people tend to joke about what they actually believe. Joking or not, my comment was accurate and appropriate.

I would imagine that Ana Luisa is a strong, capable woman who can take care of herself.