Witchy Lennies Lenormand by Jeri Totten

MoonGypsy

A very cute Samhain/Halloween Lenormand deck by Jeri Totten [Alternate Realities Design]

is now available! [And is very reasonably priced!]--$18 for Poker Sized and only $14 for a Mini!

And...until the 21st of August, she is featuring FREE SHIPPING!--

Who Wants FREE SHIPPING!!!???
use code FREESHIP at checkout!

*ends 8-21

Here is a YouTube Video showing the deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44UePfYm6L0

Here is where you can order:

http://www.alternaterealitiesdesigns.com/item_29/Witchy-Lennies-Lenormand--Poker-Size.htm

shadowdancer

I have decided to go for it :) It does kinda look fun and may interesting to use any time of the year. Albeit it may well be predominantly used come Halloween along with my Day of the Dead Lennies.

The free shipping helped for sure. I find it hard to justify spending more than $15 on a Lenormand, and many being self published of late are nearer the $30 mark. Nice as they are, I have to bow out, so I was pleased to see these priced nearer to my budget range.

There is a great range of Lennies from this seller.

Davina

ETA: Looks like prices have just gone up - now showing $19 for poker sized. Glad I dived in when I did.

greatdane

cute but I'm going to pass

Lenormands that mix black/white, color, photos, paintings, don't blend the way I like them to, even with the background the same. I prefer ones in the same style more than kind of a mish mash that look like they could all be from different decks.

But that said, I think it's a cute deck, I see the fun for those to use it especially for Samhain and if the odd matching doesn't bother someone, they should go for it.

Lil Red

If I was back in my teens I would had got it immediately.

I mean every witch should have own one :joke:
(I was in the stage that anything that has a pentacle meant witch, oh silly me :laugh:

Now I do like the imagery, but some of the image just left me confused even though I know the crow and owls are the birds card and the pumpkin as bouquet.

The coffin reminds me of a vampire coffin and the black bouquet is beautiful. I think it is the star that put me off cause instead of viewing it as the star in lenormand I see it in a different way.

Sheesh mini me would had slap me to buy it.

Hhm, in the end of my rant I somehow ended up deciding to buy it. Okay I'm off to paypal. :confused:

greatdane

LOL LIL RED!

Loved your post. And why shouldn't you get it? I do think it's really cute and if a deck resonates for you, and you want to read with it, I say go for it!

Le Fanu

There are some lovely decks on that site, but I wish they didn't have the titles of the cards in big letters. It sort of spoils the effect. They'd look so lovely and easily readable if it were just the images. But they are all very charming.

Lee

There are some lovely decks on that site, but I wish they didn't have the titles of the cards in big letters. It sort of spoils the effect. They'd look so lovely and easily readable if it were just the images. But they are all very charming.
Personally I like the card titles, just as I like them in the LEN Minimalist. I wouldn't necessarily like them in all the Lenormand decks I use, but I think it makes a nice change and helps the reading process when using large spreads.

MoonGypsy

i just heard from Jeri Totten/jewel22 [Alternative Designs] and she is planning on popping into this thread.

Also, some good news--all of her decks are now being printed on the fabulous premium Linen cardstock. [my personal favorite]
There are also some new matt and pouch prints available.

shadowdancer

My Witchy Lennies arrived today.

I have to say they are kinda cute. Although some images are more black / white than others, it does actually appear cohesive as a deck - more so than you get from online images. Images are not too small. Titles not too big. I think it needed to be poker sized as opposed to bridge sized. Not sure how they look in mini form, but I know others have gone for that option, and I look forward to the reviews :)

Some nice extras in the form of x 6 cards with key words included for each of the cards in the deck. Not too many where it could confuse, nor too few where they appear skimpy. Just right really. This alone is a nice touch and will be useful for those starting the Lennie journey.

If I made a change (and it is only my opinion here - feel free to disagree...lol)
it would be to perhaps not have some of the superfluous cards, and instead have some significators which another creator uses. Work, finances, relationships etc. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I know I occasionally use them if looking at one of those specific issues, whilst use a 5, 7 or 9 card layout. It frees up the cards usually associated with those areas, so that their other aspects can be utilised should they appear in the spread. Hope that makes sense anyways. So, two of the extras have been labelled 'work' & 'finances'.

Overall though it is a really well thought out deck. I think they will be a nice alternative to my Day of the Dead when I want to use a seasonal theme deck.

greatdane

Hi Davina!

I would love to hear more about your impressions. You mentioned it's more cohesive in person. I would really like it if you could elaborate a teeny on that. I thought it was a cute deck, and even though the backgrounds matched, I felt like I was looking at different decks in the scans because there was such a mix of b/w, color, photo, painting. But you are saying in person, this all works. So if you could share more, I would love that!

GD