Card Numbers

Village Witch

I use them; using houses is quite new to me so I count up the card position and find that number so I know what house it's in. I have never been able to memorise the order of the cards, so the numbers are useful to me.

I copied a page out of Rana George's book that has a simple name and number house layout. I keep it in my journal for reference. Very helpful. You could make one using Excel or another word processing program. I made an 8X8x4 layout to use write down my Grand Tableau spreads on Excel.

porcupines

Originally Posted by Village Witch: I do not reduce sums such as 11 or 22 to 2 or 4, which is a carry over for me from numerology. Are their certain numbers you do not reduce?

Then you would never end up with any answers/sum above nine. What is the reason for eliminating 2/3's of the deck? I am not challenging or criticizing your method, just trying to understand it.

Ah I see what you mean here. In tarot I do sum and then reduce but there are only 22 major arcana cards. So if I got a sum of 27 then I would reduce to 9, but if I got a sum of 14 I would consider both 14 and 5. Kind of do the same thing here. I do not use it to read on the question as much as check whether the sum cards match the general feel of the 3/5 cards I have pulled. It helps reinforce the meaning for me. Does that make sense? I also just learning lol there are definitely many others here who are more experienced and can help you more :)

Village Witch

Ah I see what you mean here. In tarot I do sum and then reduce but there are only 22 major arcana cards. So if I got a sum of 27 then I would reduce to 9, but if I got a sum of 14 I would consider both 14 and 5. Kind of do the same thing here. I do not use it to read on the question as much as check whether the sum cards match the general feel of the 3/5 cards I have pulled. It helps reinforce the meaning for me. Does that make sense? I also just learning lol there are definitely many others here who are more experienced and can help you more :)

Yes, that makes sense. When I get a two-digit sum less than 36, I read both that sum and the same sum reduced to a single digit. At times one sum will resonate with the read and one will not. At the moment, summing doesn't interest or resonate with me. At some point in time I will investigate this further, as of right now I have so much more to learn and explore with Lenormand.

Thank you!