When cards fall into their own houses

TarotDreamer

If you regularly do hour (or more) Grand Tableau readings for people who either just want to see what's coming or want to know about a bunch of little things - then it is easiest to do a general GT. Most people say the information is strongest over 3 or 4 months and not as accurate past 6 months, so you might want to posit a 4 month overview. If you wish, you can work with past-present-future based on where the Significator lands = present. A lot of columns to the right might suggest it is going a little further into the future.

I like using a GT even for short - 15 minute readings. In that case I want a very specific question (time-delineated if relevant) and I pre-select one or more "topic" cards. I focus on what's happening with the significator and those topic cards and ignore most of the rest, unless something jumps out at me. A typical question might be, "What's the financial outlook for my home business over the next 6 weeks?" I'd check Fish, Bear, Moon (or Ship if it involves buying & selling). I might quickly check if House is near any of these - especially if the business being at home seems to be part of the issue.

Any of these in their own "house" becomes very strong for good or ill (see adjacent cards)!

Thanks, Teheuti, for this, especially the last line. I have read about the meaning of the card in its own house becoming "stronger," but I can see that it is still influenced by the cards around it.

Teheuti

Also, in my example of a home business - one of the work cards falling in the house of House (or vice-versa) would be very significant, but mostly as a confirmation of your issue. I would be sure to pay special attention to the cards surrounding this card-in-house situation.