New book! (Rana George's The Essential Lenormand)

Essjay

I had the same email from Amazon about a May delivery so I cancelled my order and went to Book Depository instead who say they have it in stock. Fingers crossed!

Seraphina

Oh I didn't know the book depository have it, I'm going to see if I can get it from there then, thanks for the info!

SixDegrees

Received my physical copy yesterday.

I've only skimmed over it, but I can already tell that it will be an incredibly useful addition to my library and my journey with the Lenormand. There's nothing revolutionary here, but that's what I appreciate about the book--it's a no nonsense presentation of helpful card meanings, reading illustrations, and pro tips. I was hoping for a *little* more on the process of interpreting combinations (especially card order...the difference between Whip + Birds and Birds + Whip, for example), but the examples provide enough to discern Rana's general perspective on this issue.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to reading the entire thing in detail!

Seraphina

I have cancelled my Amazon order and have purchased from BD..... And with them it is £3.00 cheaper!!

danieljuk

Just bought it digitally too! Really like what I have flicked through quickly so far :)

MoonGypsy

Mine is sitting the Mailbox as i write this! :thumbsup:
i have to walk a quarter mile to it, though. [We live in the woods]. And it is really, really windy...so i don't think i had better ride my besom/broom...:p

Seraphina

Mine is sitting the Mailbox as i write this! :thumbsup:
i have to walk a quarter mile to it, though. [We live in the woods]. And it is really, really windy...so i don't think i had better ride my besom/broom...:p

LOL... I love this MG....How enchanting it must be to live in the woods..

shadowdancer

Hi Lil Red and well done on getting this going :)

Glad to see you too are enamoured with Rana's book. It is friendly, warm, non preachy and a great read.

I am following her lead and pulling cards during the day on issues, starting today. I had an iffy scam phone call supposedly from a bank asking for my husband. It was great to do the draw on that phone call, and see that they were networking and had tried it on lots of people, (garden) but I did the right thing in protecting the identity and details (dog), of my partner (lily).

I hope you get a good take up with this forum, and that it is fun, entertaining, enlightening and a great place to share.

As for journalling, if I have that 'eureka' thing with a card combination I star the entry. It is a take I may not have come up with without the hindsight that comes on evaluating the reading at the end of the day.

Not got into the noun, verb, adjective thing too much yet. I think it feels a bit restrictive for me. When I have tried it, I am trying to shoe horn the reading into a strict structure, and I just don't enjoy it, or feel I have really got value of a correct interpretation. I just look at the 3 cards and put the scenario together that makes sense at the time. It may be that comes out naturally as part of the process, but may not. I think Rana's book is giving me the feeling I can follow the system, but it does not have to be regimented in any way. She sometimes does a 5 card spread with a significator, sometimes doesn't. And, looking at her examples there seems to be a bit of fluidity with how she interprets the cards. I haven't picked up her being regimental with the noun, verb, adjective thing which gives me heart - that I am not doing it 'wrong' if that makes sense.

Ramblings over. Look forward to more postings here :)

Davina

Lil Red

I finally read Rana Story with her Lenormand and it really shocked me what she went through as well what a pack of 36 cards could do. Reading her story makes me just want to grab my lenormand and play with it.
It made me realize that as long as you keep practicing and making errors it is still progress in where you started. So that was a great lesson I learned. Also, I finally decided what deck I'm going to use for my studies. It is my Lenormand Oracle by Laura Tuan since it is the same as the French Cartomancy just with a bigger cardstock.

SunChariot

Who else is stoked about this?!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738736627/ref=nosim/atforumsupport-20/

I have heard and read so many good things about Rana I can't wait!

Buying it Thursday when I get my next pay. I just got my first Lenormand deck a few days ago, March 19/14 and the book you mentioned above is the first book on this deck I intend to get my hands on a read.

Can hardly wait to start it. And happily it is available on Kindle too. So excited to start it.:heart:

Babs