Spread to get someone to open up?

olivia1

Hi All,
I am facing a dilemma with my ex bf/ friend. He will NOT open up to me. He is so guarded. When we talk, I feel we're stuck on that episode of Tyra where I'm Tyra Banks and he's Levi Johnston (the guest who wouldnt open up). He is so guarded! My cards confirmed that he feels he needs to be on guard around me. He has always been this way, even when we were dating. I could go on forever about what I think of a subject and he would give me a sentence or two. When I try to ask what he thinks, he always says "I dont know."

I tried a spread on here about how to approach someone who is unapproachable but I dont know if that's the right spread.He is approachable, he just wont open up.

If you all have any spreads that could help me with this, I would very much appreciate it because I am at my wit's end!

rwcarter

Maybe it's not about getting him to open up but about you and what you say to him? tabi's What do I say? spread might be of use to you.

Rodney

olivia1

Thanks, Rodney!!!!!! :) :)

Bernice

Something I'm not understanding.... Why should he open up to you, or anyone?

He's an Ex-boyfriend, there is no commitment implied or otherwise between you. I think I'd be guarded if an 'ex' kept badgering me....

If "getting him to open up" was something that I could'nt shake off, I think I'd do a spread to see where my attention should be at this time.

You'd only need 3 cards:
1) This is the 'sticking point' - concerns the thing you're stuck on.
2) This shows best area/way to release yourself and move on.
3) This shows how best to achieve the transition. A negative card here advises you to avoid this pitfall.

Bee :)

olivia1

Bernice said:
Something I'm not understanding.... Why should he open up to you, or anyone?

He's an Ex-boyfriend, there is no commitment implied or otherwise between you. I think I'd be guarded if an 'ex' kept badgering me....

He's also wanting to be friends. I feel like I'm doing all the work here. He initiates conversation with me but I do most of the talking. It has even got to the point where I asked him if he even wants to be friends or if he's just doing this to be polite and he claims he likes talking to me. He said he'd tell me if he didn't.

When we were together, he was also like this (very quiet) but I shrugged it off. I always thought that I was "the babbling brook" and he was "the dead sea" (from the 5 love languages) but now that we arent together, it's kind of annoying. Friends are supposed to be open with each other (at least in my opinion). If he was anyone else, I think I would just write him off as "boring" but since he is my beloved ex, I try to work with him. Because I want to be friends, too.

Bernice said:
You'd only need 3 cards:
1) This is the 'sticking point' - concerns the thing you're stuck on.
2) This shows best area/way to release yourself and move on.
3) This shows how best to achieve the transition. A negative card here advises you to avoid this pitfall.

Thanks, I will try this when I decide I have really had enough and there wont be any change with him.

Bernice

The whole point of the spread is to free yourself.

But on the off-chance that this contact has some importance in your life:=

Before you shuffle and draw the cards, decide on three cards to represent three aspects of the contact. They MUST be clearly separate things, i.e.
His future well-being
Your future well-being
Other issue - material or whatever.

Now shuffle well and then draw the cards. If any of the above three fall into the second or third postion, then you'll have a much clearer idea of exactly what you are meant to be doing.

If a person wants to obtain a definite break - full release, then remove those three from the deck. Don't include them.