sabians illustrating a progression of events!!

cigi

hi all!

this is my first post and unfortunately (or not!) i find myself already deep inside the rabbit hole. please bear with me if this info has already been covered, i still think it makes for a fascinating discussion.

i have been looking at the 5 pointed stars in natal charts & playing around with sabian oracles & generally giving myself a brain splinter. :) it has occurred to me that not only do the 5 point sabian stars show 5 facets of any given starting point, but if you trace them into a pentagram, they also might indicate the unfolding or progression of circumstances.

the star using my own midheaven as an example: my MC is leo 24*50

Leo 25 - A Large Camel Crossing a Vast and Forbidding Desert.
Scorpio 7 - Deep Sea Divers with special Machinery.
Capricorn 19 - A Child of About Five Carrying A Huge shopping bag Filled with Groceries.
Aires 1 - A woman has risen out of the ocean, a seal is embracing her.
Gemini 13 - A World famous Pianist Giving a Concert Performance.

so i have these listed in counter-clockwise motion as i would be inclined to read a chart normally. the cool thing is, when a pentagram is traced out staring with the first degree of interest, a seemingly linear progression takes place in the order 1,3,5,2,4. the imagery for me personally then looks like this:

Leo 29 - realizing i CAN/have to do this (business start-up).
Aires 1 - having a great idea.
Scorpio 7 - taking on a partner who happens to be an avid diver.
Gemini 13 - the achievement of fulfilling my goals.
Capricorn 19 - feeling childlike joy & embracing abundance.

BUT WAIT! i gets better! :D

while playing with Lynda Hill's oracle, i questioned my living situation. currently i split my time between 2 cities & wanted to know if that would continue & how. the symbol i got was:

Pisces 4 - Heavy Car Traffic On A Narrow Isthmus Linking Two Seashore Resorts.

presently i live at one "seashore resort" and my partner & i are toying with purchasing a condo at another.

and it get's more interesting! my natal IC is at 24* aquarius - most of my 4th house is comprised of pisces. i referred again to the sabian list, this time reading in a linear progression from my IC to pisces 4. at a cursory glance, the symbols may seem totally random. however, within the perspective of my question, they appear to indicate a step-by-step progression from my current position to the answer given by the oracle. they are profound references to my life personally & professionally & they describe events that are either currently happening or scheduled to happen in the near future.

i am so excited about this revelation! i cannot wait to spend more time playing with oracles & stars and sitting back watching it all unfold. AND i would love to get feedback from you all about the linear progression of sabian symbols in your own readings.

cheers!
c.g.

sdh3

Re: sabians illustrating a progression of events

cigi, hello

I've been looking at the five-fold sequence since the mid-90's. It was then that I noticed what you are noticing--quintile aspects are deeply implicated in story narratives. I've collected many examples over the years of how stories--screenplays in particular--are built around five-pointed stars. It was only relatively recently that I discovered why.

Part of the answer lies in the sequencing of the Symbols. As I see it there are four ways to go proceed through the five symbols--two clockwise and two counter-clockwise. Using the first star as an example, you can, as you showed, proceed through them in zodiacal order: Aries 1, Gemini 13, Leo 25, Scorpio 7, and finally Capricorn 19. Graphically, this traces a pentagon around the points of the star.

One of Dane Rudhyar and Marc Jones' contributions in this area was to get us to see the symbols in 5-fold sequences, as opposed to stars. The above symbols each occupy a place in a five-fold series: Aries 1 = 1; Gemini 13 = 3; Leo 25 = 5, Scorpio 7 = 2, and Capricorn 19 = 4. Thus another way to pass through the symbols is 1-2-3-4-5, i.e. Aries 1- Scorpio7-Gemini 13-Capricorn 19-Leo 25. Graphically, this traces a pentagram or star.

Obviously, you can also reverse these two patterns. You can trace the pentagon in clockwise or reverse-zodiacal order. And you can trace the pentagram in the reverse order above.

If there's any interest on your part we can discuss this further.

thoughtfully
sdh3

cigi said:
hi all!

this is my first post and unfortunately (or not!) i find myself already deep inside the rabbit hole. please bear with me if this info has already been covered, i still think it makes for a fascinating discussion.

i have been looking at the 5 pointed stars in natal charts & playing around with sabian oracles & generally giving myself a brain splinter. :) it has occurred to me that not only do the 5 point sabian stars show 5 facets of any given starting point, but if you trace them into a pentagram, they also might indicate the unfolding or progression of circumstances.

the star using my own midheaven as an example: my MC is leo 24*50

Leo 25 - A Large Camel Crossing a Vast and Forbidding Desert.
Scorpio 7 - Deep Sea Divers with special Machinery.
Capricorn 19 - A Child of About Five Carrying A Huge shopping bag Filled with Groceries.
Aires 1 - A woman has risen out of the ocean, a seal is embracing her.
Gemini 13 - A World famous Pianist Giving a Concert Performance.

so i have these listed in counter-clockwise motion as i would be inclined to read a chart normally. the cool thing is, when a pentagram is traced out staring with the first degree of interest, a seemingly linear progression takes place in the order 1,3,5,2,4. the imagery for me personally then looks like this:

Leo 29 - realizing i CAN/have to do this (business start-up).
Aires 1 - having a great idea.
Scorpio 7 - taking on a partner who happens to be an avid diver.
Gemini 13 - the achievement of fulfilling my goals.
Capricorn 19 - feeling childlike joy & embracing abundance.

BUT WAIT! i gets better! :D

while playing with Lynda Hill's oracle, i questioned my living situation. currently i split my time between 2 cities & wanted to know if that would continue & how. the symbol i got was:

Pisces 4 - Heavy Car Traffic On A Narrow Isthmus Linking Two Seashore Resorts.

presently i live at one "seashore resort" and my partner & i are toying with purchasing a condo at another.

and it get's more interesting! my natal IC is at 24* aquarius - most of my 4th house is comprised of pisces. i referred again to the sabian list, this time reading in a linear progression from my IC to pisces 4. at a cursory glance, the symbols may seem totally random. however, within the perspective of my question, they appear to indicate a step-by-step progression from my current position to the answer given by the oracle. they are profound references to my life personally & professionally & they describe events that are either currently happening or scheduled to happen in the near future.

i am so excited about this revelation! i cannot wait to spend more time playing with oracles & stars and sitting back watching it all unfold. AND i would love to get feedback from you all about the linear progression of sabian symbols in your own readings.

cheers!
c.g.

cigi

sdh, thank you so much for your reply! i absolutely would like to discuss this further. i am traveling right now, but will be home next week.

i look forward to hearing more from you. :)

MCsea

I have been offline for a while but I too use the 5
and was thinking about it earlier today before I saw this post
it must be TIME to look at my 5 I couldnt tell you what they were off the top of my head....
hmm
marina

Senator

Confused a lil bit.

Hello dear members,

I am new to Tarot and have a little knowledge about sabian symbols and how we can use it perfectly.

But I am a student of in depth astrology since 5 years.

I just want to ask you.

How we can construct the star for a specific point?
The Sun or the MC for example if we want to reveal about our profession.

I have for example MC at 26.30 Leo (Sabian 27)... So if I want to complete the star, do I proceed like this... counting 72 degrees (the Quintile) from 27 Leo.

27 Leo >>> (My "MC") - The focal point -
9 Scorpio >>>
21 Capricorn >>>
3 Aries >>>
15 Gemini >>>

Am I right?

Thank you in advance...