Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Found my dream cards

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Study Groups > Playing Cards

Citizen

MR GREEN 
Citizen
Found my dream cards

Hi all, at last after many months of looking I have found, for me the dream pack of playing cards. They are a reproduction of a Russian pack that was printed in St, Petersburg in 1936 and won a prize in Paris that same year. re issued on a 150th. anniversary of the makers factory in1967. the style is almost tarot like,and the face cards are really finely done in an icon style which comes from a small town that became famous for the making of icons. So one happy bunny, Clive.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Picture or it didn't happe :-)

That sounds great!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Wanderer

Emily 
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR GREEN View Post
Hi all, at last after many months of looking I have found, for me the dream pack of playing cards. They are a reproduction of a Russian pack that was printed in St, Petersburg in 1936 and won a prize in Paris that same year. re issued on a 150th. anniversary of the makers factory in1967. the style is almost tarot like,and the face cards are really finely done in an icon style which comes from a small town that became famous for the making of icons. So one happy bunny, Clive.
I'm still looking for my perfect deck of playing cards - I learned on a pack of Waddingtons normal playing cards back when I was around 12 ish, I still have that deck but they are looking old and battered, no box and held by an elastic band.

I wanted to move onto something a little more fancy and thought it would be easy - it isn't lol. Luckily I only bought the Anne Stokes Gothic playing cards, Key to the Kingdom cards and a pack of Bicycle cards that I can't remember the name of before I realised that it wasn't going to happen with a fancy deck with too much to distract me from the card faces. Although Bicycle do have a Red Dragon backed deck that looks OK, so maybe that could be the one.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Citizen

MR GREEN 
Citizen

Hi Emily, just seen your post. Yes its not easy looking for the right pack, but when you do you will know. Can I ask ? do you use playing card spreads, and have you ever come across the personal prophesy method. I have just started with it and am finding it an interesting way of approaching the cards. There are some old threads here, but nothing of late. Clive
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

I think ALL my decks are my dream decks!! I've gotten way too fond of ordering fancy cards. But I'm kinda weird, in that even though these are not really meant for games, I won't buy them if the courts don't have the traditional orientation of the faces, i.e. the 2 one-eyed jacks and the one-eyed king. (Which direction they face, I don't care.) I may have a deck or two that break this rule, but I try to stick to it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Citizen

MR GREEN 
Citizen
Smile

Hi Morwenna, me to, I like the more traditional cards with the faces in correct pose. Another reason is, some of the pip cards lend themselves to using as reversals, which I think can give an extra depth, insight, to a reading. The Russian face cards in my deck also follow the traditional line. So can I ask, have you ever used the personal prophesy spread. As you can se from the post above I am looking for folks that may have used or are still using this spread and method, PP. Clive.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.