Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

(Some Ideas/A Question On) Pre-Orders

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Alien

blue_fusion 
Alien

(Some Ideas/A Question On) Pre-Orders

How do pre-orders work? I mean, from the background side of things? Do you get the services of a third-party site to manage pre-orders for your deck, and post the link to your website? Or something to that effect?

I was just thinking that, in a way, they could be made to work like small crowdfunding systems.

The printing costs per deck gets lower the more number of decks you put in a single print order. So, what if if you were to launch pre-orders for your deck, and, instead of having a release date as a target, you set X number of orders (say 50) as your pre-order target? Will that work?

i mean, I think it's a win-win situation: printing costs go down, buyers get the deck at prices lower than they would have otherwise gotten had the deck been printed on demand, and the deck gets more orders in general.

So, can anyone share their actual experiences doing pre-orders?

-Ly
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Resident

draque 
Resident

I'm currently using KickStarter, which seems really helpful. The site http://www.makeplayingcards.com/prom...rot-cards.html seems to have the best prices for printing. I'll let you know how it goes once mine wraps up, but between kickstarter and the scaling prices given there, I was able to do a lot of planning.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Alien

blue_fusion 
Alien

I meant that doing pre orders might be an alternative to using crowdfunding sites such as kickstarter. I personally would like to try my hand at running a kickstarter campaign, but I can't because of my location, so I'm trying to explore alternative means of getting a deck funded.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.