Self reading spread

DDwarks

Since it is clearly obvious that one cannot objectively read for oneself I played a bit with my cards, new ones by the way, Gilded Tarot (yippee yay!) and came up with this concept. It seems to work with whatever question.

What I want/ see/think/ hope/ pray/ beg for!
1******2******3

What actually is
4******5******6

The advice
******7*8*******

The first line of the spread takes care of all the wishful thinking.
The second line talks about what's really happening.
The third I find gives you the kick up the bum you need!

AntonK1111

Nice one. I'll give this a go, thanks for sharing!

FLizarraga

GENIUS!!!!!! :D :thumbsup: :bugeyed:

I'll use it as soon as I get a chance.

Also good for that dear, dear querent that asks us "Does he/she love me?" one time too many... })

Calayvie

I like this! I will try it out soon. I have a question though, I'm fairly new to tarot, and I find being on this forum is raising lots of questions about the cards for me...

How come there are only 2 cards at the bottom? Would having 3 allow the cards to link up more to the ones above them, so you could look down a column and see what you need to do to get closer to your first row card?
Or would the cards be too unrelated to do this?

DDwarks

I like this! I will try it out soon. I have a question though, I'm fairly new to tarot, and I find being on this forum is raising lots of questions about the cards for me...

How come there are only 2 cards at the bottom? Would having 3 allow the cards to link up more to the ones above them, so you could look down a column and see what you need to do to get closer to your first row card?
Or would the cards be too unrelated to do this?

Yes good question!
I kept it at 2 cards instead of 3 because it's for self reading and too many cards means open to too much interpretation or wishful thinking. With 2 cards you stay on point.

Calayvie

Yes good question!
I kept it at 2 cards instead of 3 because it's for self reading and too many cards means open to too much interpretation or wishful thinking. With 2 cards you stay on point.
OK great! Thanks for answering and I'll try it with 2 cards.

melissapbernier

I found this spread to be great! Thanks so much for sharing!

Shibiusa

Oh, I was looking for something like this! I shall give it a try today. Thank you!

Edit (29th April): This worked wonderfully! I was really looking for a general inquiry spread and it fits really well. Thank you for sharing!

V88Y

I tried this, and it gave so much hope! Thanks for share[emoji120]

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U02 using Tapatalk

DDwarks

Yay! Really pleased it's helped you all.
It's amazing the difference between what we believe and the reality!