Do any of you guys listen to music when you do readings for yourself?

Rosewater

I don't intentionally play music while doing a ready, but if something's already on and it's ambient or softly melodic, that's fine. Things like Enya, Loreena McKennit, celtic harp, quiet classical. Nothing too rocky or full on—that's for another time.

Marirowana

I would like to add 'Thievery Corporation'. :heart:

I can listen to them for days and days, never boring, so diverse! Some albums are great during readings. Like 'Mandala', en 'The Richest Man in Babylon'.

donnalee

Generally I find music distracting and prefer to read in a quiet environment.

Ditto--I would also be apprehensive that the energy of the music might influence the reading. If I am just shuffling through cards for myself at home and music happens to be on, it's not something that is a big deal many times, but if I am reading here for someone else online, or if I were to go out to a public place etc. to read, I would not use music and would prefer silence.

sunfallSeraph

I actually like to have music playing more often than not. There are occasions where I find it distracting, but I think in most situations some calm, quiet background music helps me to insulate myself emotionally so as to get the clearest interpretation. I guess it helps cut out the white noise coming from my own mind, ha ha. I have a special relaxation playlist that I always use, which mostly consists of some of the more ambient and introspective tracks composed for the webcomic Homestuck. It really helps me get on the same wavelength as my cards.