Dame Fortune's Wheel - seven cups

MR GREEN

Can anyone tell me were the pansies are in the 7 cups card,i can se them in the 4,and six.the lwb. does discribe them as in the card,??? Clive...

Sulis

What deck are you discussing?

MR GREEN

Sorry,abought that Dame fortune's wheel.Clive

Sulis

Hi Clive,

Thanks, I've added a link to this thread to the Dame Fortune's Wheel study group index thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2037214

I don't have the deck but I've been looking for an image of the card online and can't find one. Do you have an image of the card?

MR GREEN

No,that is i have only the deck,not anything on my computer.Maybe some one else will come to the rescue.Clive...

Daaave

There is a picture of the card at Albideuter (here- http://www.albideuter.de/html/dame_fortuna_43.html)

though I can't see the pansies here either- in the extended lwb Huson says

An astrologer contemplates the novel arrangement of Cups he has just evoked in his imagination. The flowers growing nearby are pansies, emblematic of thoughts and contemplations.

Could he be referring to the star-like objects near the uppermost cups?

MR GREEN

Hi no i dont think so, if you look back in same suit, you can se the pansies.I think what you describe are stars.You can se them in other cards. thanks for the link...

Daaave

yes, that makes much more sense. I'd looked at them as if they were stars and pansies- they are different to the stars on the astrologer's robe, but they are the same as the other stars in the deck.

PTAH

DFW lwb

Can anyone tell me were the pansies are in the 7 cups card,i can se them in the 4,and six.the lwb. does discribe them as in the card,???

Folks, forgive me! You are all correct of course, there are no pansies depicted on the Seven of Cups. While I was editing the online lwb ms for line and page breaks I must have placed the sentence in the Seven of Cups instead of the Six, to which it actually refers. My most sincere apologies for any confusion! I'm most flattered that you're studying my deck so closely.

Queen of Disks

Anyway...:confused:

The man sits on a stone block outside the city in a field and points to the stars and the moon in the sky. He is wearing a robe covered in stars and striped pointy hat. I think he is very interested in and studies the stars. He may be an astrologer or astronomer or even a wizard. I get a intellectual vibe about him.

What do you think?