Journey into Egypt Tarot-Princess of Swords

juliecucciawatts

Princess of Swords
The Full Moon in Pisces
The image in the Princess of Swords is the alchemist/herbalist who uses her blade to cut the herbs she needs to heal or harm. She sits in a room overlooking the lighthouse Pharos, in the Port of Alexandria. She is Arsinoe IV, the younger half-sister of Cleopatra VII. She plays the role of Princess of Swords and is a rival for the throne of Egypt. After the death of her father and the ensuing struggle for power between her brother Ptolemy XIII and sister Cleopatra VII, Arsinoe quietly plots her own way to the throne by joining forces with Ptolemy XIII. Arsinoe chose to pit herself against Cleopatra, ultimately choosing the wrong side. Eventually she is found guilty of treason and is brought back to Rome in chains as part of the “conqueror’s” plunder. When Julius Caesar held his triumph, Arsinoe was paraded through Rome as part of the spoils of Egypt after the Alexandrian War. During the same visit a victorious Cleopatra formally introduces her son Caesarion to his father Julius. Caesar parading the young Arsinoe backfires because it made him look like a bully in the eyes of the Roman people. Arsinoe becomes the object of pity. Instead of imprisonment, she was exiled to Greece and placed under the protection of the Oracle of Delphi. But exile wasn’t really the answer to the problem of Arsinoe, for she was too dangerous to be left alive and her ambitions were not forgotten. After rumors of her plotting against Cleopatra were discovered, she was deemed too much of a threat to her sister’s power and was eventually murdered by her sister’s lover Mark Antony.

Card meaning: The opponent is a formidable woman. At first blush this person is charming, enthusiastic, adoring, and polite, but you are mistaken. This person is intuitive, intelligent, and street smart; she is qualified and anxious to do your job. Issues with food, weight, and perfection might arise with this card. These trepidations are related to issues of power or the lack of it. This person has overcome great pain and humiliation, and has rebounded by her own will and fortitude. She has interest in magic, alchemy, shamanism, and all manner of occult media. Anything that can give her an edge in a world she will consider. She enjoys being envied. She may appear as part of a partnership or in service of others, but in truth her life is simply about her. She will bend and manipulate those around her to suit her will in the nicest way unless they don't submit to her, in which case, in true Piscean Age fashion, she is not afraid to use a bit of muscle.

Attachments

• princessofswords.jpg
    princessofswords.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 230

kaushalyaandfrank

This card meaning is quite different than the standard deck! Does the JIET follow the Thoth deck with regard to the Prince (Knight) and Princess (Page) cards?

juliecucciawatts

Regarding Prince and Princess

This card meaning is quite different than the standard deck! Does the JIET follow the Thoth deck with regard to the Prince (Knight) and Princess (Page) cards?

JIET uses the Prince (Knight) Princess (Page), not using any other deck specifically as a model but just because I prefer this format.

Sekmet

Eerie

As I studied this card, I was reminded of a history story.of Cleopatra and Arsinoe. I think because of their mention of the Pharos lighthouse. Imagine how I felt reading that this is her!

Sekmet

What?

Sorry for my post being so unintelligible. It is supposed to read Cleopatra. Sorry for that and any other mistakes. I will in the future check my posts!

Sekmet

Question

I saw on the history channel that Arsinoe was hidden at the Artemisium which was supposedly a sanctuary for political prisoners in Ephesus. Cleopatra couldn't stand having her rival to the throne left alive and had her killed and there she is buried somewhere outside in a tomb resembling the Pharos lighthouse.. Thats their story anyway. Lol