WHICH ORACLES resonate for you and WHY?

Ace

I use I Ching. A Couple of sites and several books. I like Eastern culture and it seems to work for me.

And at Valentine's Day I do Candy Heart readings but that is just for fun. But since you want to know WHY: it is because of a theory of mine that ANYTHING can be an oracle. So, I proved it by doing Candy Hearts.

barb

Smiling

I agree with you Ace- you're so right - anything can be an oracle!

I've been on a fortune cookie kick for a while now, and find that their random sage words of advice/proverbs always seem to come at the exact moment that I need them. I save them from when we order take out Chinese food, and then intuitively pick them up when it feels right, or sometimes when I'm esp. searching for a short and sweet message.

punchinella

Flower decks

For me two decks which I don't use often, but always wind up using together. Also only for personal readings, never for others: Power of Flowers (Isha Lerner & Karen Forkish) and The Flower Speaks (Marlene Rudginsky). I guess my deepest inner landscapes are populated by flowers, and something about them expresses femininity in ways I find implicitly comforting. I do tend to use these decks most in times of crisis or sadness. Most of the time I use tarot, not oracle. But when really needing comfort, out come the flower decks.

punchinella

I use I Ching. A Couple of sites and several books. I like Eastern culture and it seems to work for me.

Ah, I Ching!! I used this for years before discovering tarot. Also, are you aware of another text-based Chinese oracle, the oracle of Kuan Yin? I am just starting to explore translations in books by by Stephen Karcher, as well as Martin Palmer & Jay Ramsay . . . I understand some Kuan Yin oracle decks exist too, but they don't seem to be in any way connected to these Chinese texts.

Bscotty38

My trusty sidekick is Wisdom Of The Oracle because it tells it like it is and will even tell you when it's done giving messages. When I pull the Take A Nap or Why? cards, I chuckle and assume it's done. I also resonate with the EarthMagic and Animal Spirit oracles.

Ace

Ah, I Ching!! I used this for years before discovering tarot. Also, are you aware of another text-based Chinese oracle, the oracle of Kuan Yin? I am just starting to explore translations in books by by Stephen Karcher, as well as Martin Palmer & Jay Ramsay . . . I understand some Kuan Yin oracle decks exist too, but they don't seem to be in any way connected to these Chinese texts.

I will have to look for this. I think I got a book on Kuan Yin as an I CHing but it didn't resonate with me. I packed away all my books last year, I will look for it soon.

I love Kwan Yin. I have a couple of statues of her but again, they got packed away.

Thank you for the suggestion, Punchinella.

barb

reall

Oracle deck that works best for me is my own Chakra Lenormand Oracle Meditation and Spell 54 Card deck!:) probably because I created it with idea to incorporate colors and chakra and reiki with art design and meanings!:) and I mostly use it with all extra cards as an Oracle deck!^^ and it's my fav mini size that look supercute n easy fit in small wrap bag n any pocket n ready to go n draw out any place!:)) lolz
imo Oracle that have something to do with something you are familiar with /or you make for yourself should work best?:)
and it's easy to make! all you need is blank deck and you can draw write on whatever you like or use img in public domain n print with POD!:)

also other Oracle deck I've noticed most people can use on spot are this 36 card deck
Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten https://www.amazon.de/Wahrsagekarte...32742&sr=1-1&keywords=Zigeuner+Wahrsagekarten
it may look primitive/too simple but they are affordable and superpopular in my part of the world!:) you can just think of question and draw 1card or few more for clarification and be shocked how on spot they are with just that one word/name and image they represent!:) so be sure to give it a chance!^^:)) superrecomended to anyone having trouble finding good oracle deck!^^:))

dancing_moon

Sibilla

I've found that these cards' clear messages ('Love', 'Grief', 'Letter') and recognizable characters ('Doctor', 'Maid', 'Widower') leave a lot of room for both literal and metaphorical interpretations.

Eros Oracle

Again, clear messages and lovely, vintage-style and gracefully spicy images. :D

Theme and vintage playing cards

I love fully-illustrated playing card decks, especially when the illustrations are seemingly random, possibly because they offer a very wide array of images that can become very relevant in many unexpected ways. My current favorite is a Circus-themed deck, and I remember pulling a card with a ventriloquist with a little-girl-doll for a codependent woman once. Very apt and chilling. :bugeyed:

barefootlife

Another fan of the Earthbound Oracle. When I first got it, I found its spareness and terseness difficult, but it forces me to really sit with the cards and dig. It helped a lot to become familiar with its sister tarot deck and its symbolism, since it also moves through the oracle.

lightpers

I echo what Dancing_moon recommended, i love Vera Sibilla, i love it, it is the only fortune telling deck that i seemed to enjoy using it without have to think a lot when interpreting the cards, i love how easily the cards become a theatrical soap opera :D