The Chrysalis Tarot (New Upcoming U.S. Games deck)

Toney

Hello Everyone!

Hi, I'm Toney Brooks, the author of Chrysalis Tarot. We just learned yesterday that the deck will be published on May 10th.

We greatly appreciate everyone's interest!

To answer a few of the questions I noticed in this thread, yes there is a 48-page little white book in the boxed set.

Chrysalis is tarot in every sense of the word, but it could be used as an oracle deck. All of our cards correspond to RWS interpretations, as well as offer their own insightful twists.

Chrysalis bends to tarot's psychological and spiritual attributes, which attracted Jung to tarot. And, as was suggested, it's a unique system we hope our users will find more relevant to today, easy to use and a lot of fun.

The suits are Stones, Mirrors, Spirals and Scrolls, which correspond to Pentacles, Cups, Wands and Swords, respectively. I made this change to open up new channels of creative inspiration.

The court cards have become The Troupe. These cards, again compatible with RWS interpretations, represent real people in the querent's life, past, present and future -- no one journeys alone. These folks pop up in a reading, and then into real life, in much the same way the Law of Attraction works: synchronicity, the product of a conscious feedback loop between the querent's unconscious mind and the universal Collective Unconscious. I'm publishing a piece tomorrow that elaborates on that point, and will post a link here.

The Chrysalis Blog at http://www.chrysalistarot.com/ contains additional information. I just reactivated our blog to augment the LWB and further explain the Chrysalis system.

Again, thank you so very much for your interest in our deck. Holly Sierra's art is fabulous, and our creative process itself was very Jungian: Holly and I have never met. We did wear out a couple of email accounts though.

Toney

greatdane

Great explanation, Toney!

I'm looking forward to this deck. Definitely something different and it appeals to me on different levels, psychological, spiritual, creative.

Your explanation gave me a good idea of what to expect and I can't wait to see the lwb and the deck in it's entirety.

I know there will be many waiting to find out more.

I will definitely be getting this deck, just from what I know about it and from the pix I've seen!

Toney

Thank you.

I appreciate your kind words, GD.

I don't plan on routinely posting a great deal on AT. I'm not sure the Forum is for authors and don't want to appear pushy or self-promoting. But I will happily respond to any questions the community has about Chrysalis. And I'll post a link to the blog as a reminder each Wednesday, the usual day for publication.

Tomorrow's blog is titled: "Alchemy - The Essence of Tarot."

Thanks again!

Toney

Chrysalis Images

I received a PM requesting a few images from the deck. Three are attached, including one of the card back.

Thanks,
Toney

Attachments

• Card Back Chrysalis.jpg
    Card Back Chrysalis.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 167
  • Six of Scrolls (Swords).jpg
    Six of Scrolls (Swords).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 8-Maat (Strength).jpg
    8-Maat (Strength).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 162

MoonGypsy

Oh my goodness, i only just discover this deeply evocative deck!

i have goosebumps just from these few pics...

Absolutely lovely! i shall be looking forward to this one! :love:

Stormdancer

Why can't I have this now?

greatdane

Actually I wanted this yesterday, Stormdancer

It's a little bit of magical goodness....:). I've seen some different decks, but this one, this one is something extra special.

Toney

Thank you.

I appreciate the enthusiasm!!!

Thank you Moon Gypsy, Stormdancer and Great Dane.

As excruciating as it is, we learned the printer has his own timetable.

My timetable says it's time to call upon Elpi to sprinkle a little stardust in my eyes.

Good night.

Attachments

• 17 - Elpi (Star).jpg
    17 - Elpi (Star).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 167

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I appreciate your kind words, GD.

I don't plan on routinely posting a great deal on AT. I'm not sure the Forum is for authors and don't want to appear pushy or self-promoting. But I will happily respond to any questions the community has about Chrysalis.
Welcome to Aeclectic, Toney! And congrats on getting your deck published!

Deck authors and artists are welcome and encouraged to post concerning their works as stated in the No Advertising or Self-Promotion FAQ. So don't feel that you have to limit yourself. :)

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Tarot Decks