Nicoletta Ceccoli's Tarot

3ill.yazi

I think it's fantastic art, but I think it might be creepy for this old dude to read with it.

Metafizzypop

A Lovers card with just one person on it seems kinda peculiar to me.

I thought it was because of the growth of ego in early 21st Century life.

Because everything - even love - is all about me. Who said you need involve two people?

Lovers cards with two (or three) people in are so 15th Century.

Actually, thinking about it, a group of three might ::cough:: seem rather modern........

Juliana

I've been anxiously anticipating this one. I can't wait until it is here!

GryffinSong

The more I look at it the more I want it. My intuition is just buzzing with new insights ...

Reyan

Wow! This is going on my must have list! :p

So many of the cards I've looked at are just perfect. I love the unsettling black eyes in the reflection on the Moon. I love the Lovers card too, despite it being only one person. It's clearly Eve with the snake and the apples; as Lovers it leaves a lot of possibilities open (it might have worked as the Devil really), perhaps suggesting the woman's love of herself, or love of knowledge, or perhaps offering her as an object of desire. And I do love the Alice vibe :) I'm a big fan of Lewis Carroll, and I get snooty about some overdone reinterpretations of his work, but I like this quite a bit. It is the perfect blend of delicate and eerie.

Reyan

Also congratulations to LS for some beautiful borders. Hope they stay that way :)

Dark Victory '39

hmmm...

I'm pretty excited about this too. Has the eerie feeling of stella tarot, though the artwork is nothing like it, and less borders thank goodness. A teenager relative of mine thought it was 'twee' but i don't think she was looking close enough. Actually, i think she was stoned and i was surprised she didn't like it more.

delizt

I like this one...and I am glad that LS seems to be moving away from detracting borders!

FLizarraga

I'm pretty excited about this too. Has the eerie feeling of stella tarot, though the artwork is nothing like it

YES!!!! You took the words out of my fingers!

If all the cards are as wonderful as the ones we can see, me wants it BAD! I love the Moon card especially. The Lovers is, well, lovely, but I'm not sure what it means --Eve in Paradise? Lilith and the Serpent? Or, er, what?

ETA Well, I see there have been several interesting interpretations of the Lovers card already. Still strange, though.

FLizarraga

Nope, dear... The Victorian Fairy.

Could you PLEASE post a scan? I have been trying to find one, and Google has proven particularly unhelpful in this case.