Tarot Mucha

Rhoswen

I, too, have caved and pre-ordered on amazon. However, I've been given a January delivery date!

I'm a big Mucha fan.

gregory

I do already have it (yes to the two part box) - I order direct from Lo Scarabeo ! I like THEM to get all the money ! - and if you love Mucha you will love it. That's why I bought it, myself. There are four pix on the LoS site and I imagine more on their facebook page.

I haven't read with it yet because LIFE just now.

Lunaea

I have to agree with the caveats posted by others - I did get a Lennie deck that was Art Nouveau, and very Mucha oriented - but alas - the nymphs take the stage, leaving one searching for the actual symbol in the card - hidden in the rich tapestry of the art. Mind you, in a tarot deck, that might actually be intriguing!

That's not the case with this deck, don't worry. The minors, especially, are very much RWS imagery redone in the Mucha style.

Southerngem65

I can't wait. I like the idea of the Art Nouveau deck, I love the style, but the execution of the decks I have seen so far does not inspire me. I am really looking forward to this one coming out.

Padma

That's not the case with this deck, don't worry. The minors, especially, are very much RWS imagery redone in the Mucha style.

Thanks for letting me know, Lunea! I really am looking forward to getting my copy. :)

I did go to LoS hoping to buy it immediately, but it was sold out :(

EarthAngel2911

All of this talk has enabled me to preorder! :what: (And after I had decided months ago that this deck wasn't for me...)

So I went over to Amazon.com shopping app (on Android), searched on Mucha Tarot, and here's what came up:

Tarot Mucha by Pietro Alligo, Giulia F. Massaglia, Barbara Nosenz... , $24.09 USD, To be released on Nov. 30, 2014

Mucha Tarot by Llewellyn, $22.59 USD, To be released on Jan. 8, 2014

The Romantic Tarot by Lo Scarabeo (with the same images as the Mucha Tarot), $19.06 USD, To be released on Jan. 8, 2014

Interesting... yes? I think I'll go get on a regular computer and see what comes up. :confused:

Rhapsodin

Mine was dispatched today......at last. I'm not yet sure it's an adaptation from his many works - we shall see. I presume it is. I'm a great fan of his.

kell

Oh no! The Romantic Tarot has the same images as Mucha???
I checked the Llwellyn site, and the images are so small it is hard to tell.

lightpers

hi

Greetings, folks,

it occurs to me that there are two different backs in Tarot Mucha based on the photos that they showing in Amazon where as 30 November 2014 release and 8 January 2015 have different backs.

please do correct me if i am wrong.

Hemera

I was just wondering about this the other day. It certainly looks like that. I wonder what is going on with this deck? Are there really two almost identical Mucha decks ? :bugeyed:
I like the more decorative backs more, though.
Maybe gregory could tell us about the card backs in the LoS deck? Do they look like the picture on the box cover or are they of the more decorative kind?