Looking for a detailed, colourful deck!

Le Fanu

If he ends up comparing everything to the Shadowscapes then it might just be better to get the Shadowscapes and have a different coloured bag or something.

My vote also goes for the Illuminati.

But the Universal Fantasy is perhaps a more masculine version of those flowing, sinuous lines which the Shadowscapes has.

ETA oops. Repeating what frac_ture has just said

Mariah13

Chrysalis Tarot is beautiful, colorful, and vibrant. :)

scooperpat

Yes Illuminati is a stunning deck. The Empress card is one of the prettiest i have ever seen.

Celtictarot

I would suggest Tarot of the Sidhe. Colourful detailed and the Sidhe are fairies :D

danieljuk

it's my fave, but Pearls of Wisdom! so much in each picture, so colourful and beautiful. But it's out of print and hard to get but so colourful and detailed :) quite pagan / wiccan / hippy which might not appeal to him based on his belief system.

Carla

Seconding Pearls of Wisdom. For detail and colour, it's hard to top.

OaksWhispering

Immediately I thought of Paulina tarot. Or Joie de Vivre. They have the colorful, pastel, whimsical whispy thing going on and lots of detail. Fantastical creatures tarot. Ghosts and Spirits tarot is pretty neat too, Lisa Hunt does a lot of nice etheral paintings, so I like all of her decks. but I don't know if your friend likes the ghost theme.

Chrysalis is not too close to Shadowscapes, but it is colorful and beautiful, unique and nice details.

MagsStardustBlack

Legacy of the Divine by Ciro, if someone hasnt already suggested?

Frouds Faery Oracle?