Cards you just don't like..?

Eeviee

I feel like someone may have already started this type of thread, but I looked through a couple pages and wasn't able to find a similar post. So, apologies, if this is a repeat!

I'm curious as to what card/s fellow readers just don't like, care for, etc.
-I'm not talking specifics, as in certain decks (but feel free to go that route), but a card you just don't care for across the board... and why/how it makes you feel, etc.

For me, it's The Hierophant. I just don't like it! Sometimes it gives me the "heebie-geebies", sometimes it makes me angry, mostly it just makes me throughly uncomfortable. I think this just stems from the ultra-religious biggotry I've dealt with in life, but I'm not entirely sure why it affects me so deeply sometimes.

Chiriku

Most of the Pentacles. They are deeply dull to me both in an interpretory sense and a visual one. As a collector for quite a few years now, I can attest that a great many tarot artists render their Pentacles suit in a less appealing way than they do the other three suits. The notable exception is decks with pips (non-scenic numbered Minors).

But back to "interpretory" or conceptual. The Ace of Pents, 3 of Pents, 7 of Pents and 8 of Pents are especially uninspiring to me. That doesn't mean I can't and don't wring meaningful interpretations out of them--I can and do--but that I cast up my eyes a bit when they appear in a reading. Hum-drum, oh, well.

tarotcognito

Most of the Pentacles. They are deeply dull to me both in an interpretory sense and a visual one. As a collector for quite a few years now, I can attest that a great many tarot artists render their Pentacles suit in a less appealing way than they do the other three suits. The notable exception is decks with pips (non-scenic numbered Minors).
Agreed. The Hadar TdM has gorgeous, gorgeous coin pips.

But back to "interpretory" or conceptual. The Ace of Pents, 3 of Pents, 7 of Pents and 8 of Pents are especially uninspiring to me. That doesn't mean I can't and don't wring meaningful interpretations out of them--I can and do--but that I cast up my eyes a bit when they appear in a reading. Hum-drum, oh, well.
For me it`s the Page and Knight. Uninspiring.

I`m a Wand, though, so... ;)

vee

It's so funny how different people view these things! The 3 & 8 of Pents are some of my absolute favorite cards. I get all giddy-excited when I draw them. :laugh:

For me, I think it's the Kings. I've yet to make really deeply meaningful and original connections to them. This is all on me, I'll admit. I have ~*authority issues*~ which make connecting to the cards about power difficult for me. See also: 2 of Wands, Emperor.

Le Fanu

I actually don't need a Two and Three of Wands in the RWS system. I'd quite happily just have one or the other. I really don't feel the need for both. They sort of merge in my brain...

psychicpaula

i think the deep message here is about connections (or a lack of them).. we dont read what we ought to read the most?? - for example - i cant stand the page of pentacles - when i get it in a reading and interpret it as feeling like a 'person' i always think someone is gay.. (i know)...just shoot me

tarotcognito

I actually don't need a Two and Three of Wands in the RWS system. I'd quite happily just have one or the other. I really don't feel the need for both. They sort of merge in my brain...
Yes. This. Totally this.

EricthoDeSalamander

It's a card I rarely get, but the one card that I can't stand - for one reason or another - is The Fool. It's so weird and hard to explain. Don't know why really, but when I look at the card I just get this overwhelming sense of boredom and this feeling of being "so over it." :/

Padma

Glad to know I am in *very* good company on this point - I feel the same way.

The only other card I cannot stand is the Seven of Swords - every time I see it, all I can think is, "lack of confidence". My second thought is always "thief!" and the third thought is always, "beware" so don't love this card, even though everyone needs a warning system...I know it is a necessary card, but I do not like it, all the same. This card makes me feel like I just stepped in dog doo...same kind of "yuk! and, oh nooooo" feeling ;p

hollyelizabeth

the heirophant! i just think hes a controlling creep. dislike.

also, the 9 of cups. the man in it in the RWS version just looks like a smug greedy asshole. i know its meant to symbolise contentedness but to me its always just greed. i hate him!