The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

celticnoodle

lark said:
Today I spent a large hunk of the day in the emergency room because my feet got burnt with boiling water.
And I was just looking at my cards for the day...
And in the Torso positon is Fortuna 10 Clubs
And in the Foot positon 3 Spades The Grave
And it just occured to me that Fortuna looks just like I must have looked leaping around the kitchen with my burnt toes...
and the Grave is (a burdened carried) and since I can't wear shoes or walk much I sure am going to be a little bit of a burden to myself and hubby for the next few days.

OMG! Lark,so sorry to hear that! I'll be sending you some healing energy your way and hope you are not in any pain and soon back on your feet. (which yes, sounds funny here-as it is a typical saying for anyone who is not feeling well, and well....you get it......)

celticnoodle

lark said:
Yes "charging" cards or giving them an "intention" I guess.
If you look through the deck you can pretty much find a card for most situations.

was this covered in the book? i do not recall this. I really must re-read the book. i'm the type that usually has to re-read things a few times before it gets through the thick skull. :laugh: and, i have a notebook to take notes from this specific book as i felt the need to do so.....anyway, can you tell me if it is covered in the book? and if not, how do you go about charging a specific card? we have something brewing right now in our lives and I'd dearly love to charge a positive card so that it works out well. though i do know that things come to us as they are needed, it also cannot hurt to do what one can to ensure positive results, right? :D

lark

Page 171 and 172 talk about picking the card...
I call it charging..I give it an intention like you would a crystal to do a specific job.
I just find it, ask it to represent a certain circumstance and the put it back in the deck and shuffle.
Then find it again and note the 3 to four cards in the front and behind it in the deck.
And those are the cards for your spread
Thanks for the concern Noodle...I had an OK night....but sore this morning.

Hi Marina...lark waves.
Yes, Silvies No Lay Out acts the same way as the Lost Man.
Same concept.
Charge a card...replace in the deck, shuffle, find it, and note the 2-3 cards before it and 2-3 cards behind it.
The cards before it are the past or present moment....the 2-3 cards behind the charged card are the future.
So a little different in that respect.

MareSaturni

lark said:
Hi Marina...lark waves.
Yes, Silvies No Lay Out acts the same way as the Lost Man.
Same concept.
Charge a card...replace in the deck, shuffle, find it, and note the 2-3 cards before it and 2-3 cards behind it.
The cards before it are the past or present moment....the 2-3 cards behind the charged card are the future.
So a little different in that respect.

Interesting! ;)

I suppose that, depending on which cards you get, you could also see the three card before the central card as "past", or as "what is being left behind" and the three cards after the Lost Man as the "future", or "what is coming".

Ana's video, for instance, seem to be focused on where is George Clooney's relationship going from here (it's potential for near future), not where it is at THIS moment, as he is still with girlfriend and all for the time being. So the Lost Man spread could be more than a exact snapshot of the present time.

lark

Yes, I like Ana's spread because it gives me the feeling of energies all swirling around you...kind of a mix of anything can happen.
Makes the spread less structured and more open to intuitive interpretation.

annika334

Hi everybody,

I've been reading playing cards for some years but I'm very keen on this deck... images are wonderful and I'm thinking about of buying deck and book.
I think the Lost Man Spread is very similar to Steinbach's spread for Lenormand.

My problem is that I'm afraid this systen will mix up the meanings I use for playing cards ....anyway it's really interesting. I like the way she underlines the importance of elements in a reading.

serena

MareSaturni

annika334 said:
My problem is that I'm afraid this systen will mix up the meanings I use for playing cards ....anyway it's really interesting. I like the way she underlines the importance of elements in a reading.

Hey Annika!

I suppose that you could use the parts of Ana's method that interest you, but without necessarily adopting her meanings for the cards. The only problem I see is if your elemental attributions are too different from Ana's, because then you'd need to adapt nearly everything to suit your method, and that could cause some confusion...

Even so, I don't see why you shouldn't try :)

celticnoodle

lark said:
Page 171 and 172 talk about picking the card...
I call it charging..I give it an intention like you would a crystal to do a specific job.
I just find it, ask it to represent a certain circumstance and the put it back in the deck and shuffle.
Then find it again and note the 3 to four cards in the front and behind it in the deck.
And those are the cards for your spread
Thanks for the concern Noodle...I had an OK night....but sore this morning.

okay, thanks lark! :D

will concentrate on 2 pointing you myself, and sending healing positive energy your way. :)

celticnoodle

annika334 said:
Hi everybody,

I've been reading playing cards for some years but I'm very keen on this deck... images are wonderful and I'm thinking about of buying deck and book.
I think the Lost Man Spread is very similar to Steinbach's spread for Lenormand.

serena
I started out by reading playing cards myself, and have tried countless ways with reading the cards. there are so many different systems out there for playing cards. and, while I have yet to 'memorize' this method, it does seem so simple and so easy, that I have decided to learn one more way. also, if you watch Ana on you tube, she just flows so easily with her system, it is an immediate draw for me to try and do the same. but, as Marina mentions, perhaps these cards can still work with the system you are use to, as long as you can keep your elemental attributions the same as she has them.

Satori

I agree with Marina and IrishMacaroni! ;) (Sorry girl, been dying to say that for a few years now! }) )

I think you can use the illustrated deck with your own ideas, and your elements and directions will sort of have to go along with this system.

I just found my deck. I'm so happy! I love Ana's bag for her deck. Very cool with the cowries all over it. I think I'll crochet my own special bag...although my daughter did make me a bag that might be perfect....