The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman

Moonbow

Now that I'm back from my trip and things are settling down at home I'm doing daily spreads to get back into familiarising myself with this deck.

Had an interesting one today using the Lost Man spread, I had so much to say and the cards were interacting well. What I am noticing is that the strongest influencing cards cover the imminent feelings for the situation I am reading about, and the lesser influencing cards seem more vague as to their meaning but also point to people who may help out. I can't wait to see how this pans out, if it does then it means there will be people helping from unexpected places.

MareSaturni

I got a lovely message from Ana Cortez, regarding the OOP state of the Playing Card Oracles deck (the book is still available!). Sadly, she confirms it and says the situation is uncertain.

Hi Marina,

Always so nice to hear from you. Thank you for continuing your work on line with The Playing Card Oracles. I have read a bit of the chatter on the Aeclectic forum. Thanks for helping to keep the record straight over there!!!!
Yes, it is true with U.S. Games. The publishing question is definitely on the table right now. Uncertain where things will finally end up but are decidedly in "shift."

I have a very limited amount of the US Games decks and can sell those directly while in transition to a more permanent solution.

There is a message on the home page of www.anacortez.com for instructions. The book is available, at least for now, from U.S. Games.

Thank you again for your support. Keep the good thoughts coming for the expansion of The Playing Card Oracles!

All my best to you and yours, dear Marina.
--Ana

She is offering some copies of the deck for those who are unable to find it elsewhere in her website (the URL is above). The price is US$10 each.
I am also very happy to hear that she has read a bit of our chatter here! How wonderful, specially now that the the PCO fanbase is growing steadily! :)

I think Ana is trying to find an alternative. I'm going to give my support to whatever she comes up with, but I truly hope the publishers give the deck another chance, specially now that it's reaching more and more people!

IheartTarot

Marina said:
I got a lovely message from Ana Cortez, regarding the OOP state of the Playing Card Oracles deck (the book is still available!). Sadly, she confirms it and says the situation is uncertain.

Thanks for the update Marina! :)

I have received my back-up deck and placed an order for another one in the meantime (only ~$10 including shipping per deck) but am half-expecting my local supplier to come back and say they are out of stock (they seem to get their stock from either BD or the same place as BD who are now out of the deck). BD and this local supplier are much cheaper than amazon due to the shipping costs they nail me with plus all amazon orders are guaranteed to get nailed by customs here.

Edit to add: Yes I see my local supplier has changed its listing for the deck to out of stock (I am sure it is exactly the same product listing as on the BD site). I will have to wait and see if they found another one for me in time. :)

HearthCricket

I had this deck, didn't really connect to it at first, sold it and the book, and have now repurchased both! It means more to me now that I have worked more with Lenormand decks and plain playing cards. I love the videos and feel it has a lot to say. I also hope USGames reconsiders. This is a very unique deck and it would be a pity for it to go OOP for good.

IheartTarot

HearthCricket said:
I had this deck, didn't really connect to it at first, sold it and the book, and have now repurchased both!

I have heard this story several times. PCO seems to be an acquired taste and one needs to be ready in some way for it to click.

In my case, I was ready to learn a new system as I had the capacity. I was prepared to study ONE playing card method and Marina and lark's enthusiasm (plus a few others) eventually wore me down. I didn't like the images I saw online before I got the deck but now I love them. :)

MareSaturni

IheartTarot said:
I have heard this story several times. PCO seems to be an acquired taste and one needs to be ready in some way for it to click.

In my case, I was ready to learn a new system as I had the capacity. I was prepared to study ONE playing card method and Marina and lark's enthusiasm (plus a few others) eventually wore me down. I didn't like the images I saw online before I got the deck but now I love them. :)

Yes, this story is so common!

I first heard about the PCO back in 2006, in a cartomancy forum I was member of (doesn't exist anymore, unofrtunately). We used the Hedgewytchery method there for reading playing cards, and one of the girls shared to link to the Ana's site, which had a different name back them.

I visited the site, but I didn't know how to get the deck here in Brazil, so I gave up. In the beginning of 2007, in the moment a major change happened in my life and I was very sad, I found the deck - just the deck - for sale in a local bookstore. Very cheap. I bought it and really, really liked it! So I ordered the book from the internet.

I got the book in ANOTHER moment of change, and it was my companion during the lonely times. After reading the book for the first time, I FELL IN LOVE! I decided that this was the system that I wanted to learn and use.... and that's what I have been doing, for 3 years now!

So, in my case it was love at first sight! :love:

IheartTarot

Going, going....

Noelle said:
Oh and there are plenty of decks still available on Amazon.

Only 2 left in stock (deck)

Only 1 left in stock (deck+book)

Only 3 left in stock (book)

You can still get the book but the cards are going fast.

They say more cards are on the way but I doubt it.

strings of life

^ You got me all worried. I just ordered one of the decks, so now there is only 1 in stock. Some decks you just need backups of, and this is one of them. I don't do backups on many decks...

IheartTarot

aurarcana said:
I just ordered one of the decks, so now there is only 1 in stock.

Actually, it looks like they did get more stock of the decks. :|

strings of life

IheartTarot said:
Actually, it looks like they did get more stock of the decks. :|
Ha! Well, I wanted one anyway :).