Deluxe Playing Cards: Bicycle Ghost, Black Tiger, Viper

euripides

I noticed a few people doing playing card readings - have you seen the new Bicycle Ghost deck? Looks STUNNING. I'm getting it for DH for Christmas, he does card magic. If you're into playing card oracles these are a nice touch I think - a bit more mysterious and exotic than your standard deck.

http://www.ellusionist.com/cart/category.php?cat=29

One thing about cards for magicans is that they tend to handle very nicely, they are particular about the finish on them.

Has anyone seen any of these cards? After Christmas I'll let you know what they're like... might have to hijack a deck for myself!

Euri

Little Baron

Very nice. Have seen this somewhere before. You will have to let us know how it is in person.

LB

AJ

I love to learn about good tools for any craft, thanks for sharing.

Wouldn't any of us just love something like this:
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Ellusionist-Exclusive-Card-Guards.php
for our favorite carry along deck. Yum.

has anyone ordered fanning power for an older deck?
I have a super well used Morgan Greer, I should probably toss it, but I love the sheer used-ness of it :) But I think the fanning power order would last for a million years!

Umbrae

AuthenticJoy said:
has anyone ordered fanning power for an older deck?
I have a super well used Morgan Greer, I should probably toss it, but I love the sheer used-ness of it :) But I think the fanning power order would last for a million years!
I am an advocate for fanning powder. Works great...

Sheri

Thanks for the link! I have been looking for an unusual playing cards deck for readings, and didn't even think about a magic website!

valeria :D

Little Baron

I just received these today. Thanks Euri!!

I really like them. Having a lot of the colour taken away gives them a real meaty feel. They are recognisably different that a querant wouldn't see them as just another playing deck. There is not very strong differences, but there is enough to give an air of mystery about them.

LB

robinchun

I got the Ghost deck as a present from my eldest daughter..they're fabulous, really silky tactile feel to them..they handle beautifully,and as the ghost deck is all black, i.e. the hearts are all black except for a small heart under each number, oh just check out the site you'll see what i mean..anyway they're fantastic!

Robin

euripides

Yr welcome LittleBuddha, enjoy.

I also got my husband the 'Gaff' deck - trick cards to go with the deck. He mostly does 'sleight of hand' tricks but sometimes the ones with the fancy cards are fun. The gaff deck has some gorgeous cards in it - really odd ones - there's altered colours, blurred ink, double-sided cards, some with a 'normal' deck back.

I got him the Joe Porper card clip - it actually puts quite a bit of pressure on the cards and flattens them. The pretty engraved ones don't do that so much, I think, they are just a guard. But the clip really presses them. It works too.

Euri

Little Baron

They are amazing Lee. Thanks for that.

LB