Pagan tarot - uusi

Dan S

hey Le Fanu, here's what I know. You do have to create a profile, with a credit card or other payment method. They take the funds out at the end of the campaign only if the goal is reached. I get emails from them whenever a campaign I have backed has new updates, along with occasional "happening now on kickstarter" emails, but I imagine you can opt not to get these in your account settings.

As far as trustworthiness of the campaigns, I've only backed one project that has not come through. Some have been delayed and some have not met my expectations, but overall I think it's been a positive experience, and some of the end results have been fantastic, e.g. tabula mundi nox et lux, prism visions/light visions.

with uusi, i don't think there is a risk. They are an established company with a track record of follow-through on their promises

eta:
uusi will undoubtedly be selling these decks after they are created, and there's nothing wrong with buying then. But kickstarter does have an interesting feature - stretch goals- which allow the creator to make a better product with higher levels of fundraising. In this case, it's gold foil on the extra luna cards

Le Fanu

Thanks for the clarification, Dan. Presumably, afterwards, it's available to purchase with paypal? I think I might just do that (unless that's somehow the wrong attitude! :D)

FLizarraga

Thanks for the clarification, Dan. Presumably, afterwards, it's available to purchase with paypal? I think I might just do that (unless that's somehow the wrong attitude! :D)

Backing a project is usually somewhat cheaper than buying the deck afterwards, or a lot, depending on the particular project. Plus you become sort of a part of the creation of the deck, and can even influence outcome, like in this case --if it hits $65,000 they will gild the Moon cards. *crossing fingers here*

Dan S

xpost

that makes sense! kickstarter requires a credit card purchase (I think), but I know uusi allows payment by paypal.

in this case I have no doubt they will make their stretch goal by the time the funding period is over

Babalon Jones

Very pretty deck! I like most of the cards a lot. (Except for the High Priestess for some reason she looks weird.)

Also clever how the backgrounds are all the same, creating a homogenized look with the added benefit of a lot less painting.

I also love the idea of gold leafing the edges for reals (and am inspired to try that as I have some 24k gold leaf sheets. Fun!) And the luna cards are an awesome idea.

starlightexp

$749 till We get golden moons!! If only 17 more tarot decks get backed at the $40 price we are... Well ... Golden lol

FLizarraga

Very pretty deck! I like most of the cards a lot. (Except for the High Priestess for some reason she looks weird.)

Also clever how the backgrounds are all the same, creating a homogenized look with the added benefit of a lot less painting.

I also love the idea of gold leafing the edges for reals (and am inspired to try that as I have some 24k gold leaf sheets. Fun!) And the luna cards are an awesome idea.

Well, here's Babalon! Babalon is a good example about why back up a Kickstarter campaign. It was my honor and my pleasure to back up your Tabula Mundi, Babalon. :D

$749 till We get golden moons!! If only 17 more tarot decks get backed at the $40 price we are... Well ... Golden lol

You almost made me choke on my tea, silly.... :laugh:

Babalon Jones

Hi FLiz! (and thank you!)
Kickstarter is a great way to help artists. And totally addicting.
I am about to back this one but it is the poker deck I want more than the tarot deck in this case, though it too looks beautiful. Though I would love the foiled moon cards!

Dark Victory '39

I backed it. Though, i'm often struck by the silly things that make me back something; in this case, the extra moon phase cards and the seeker. I use moon phases alot in planning out my week, so it would be super useful to have that option in a tarot deck w/out it being attached to any specific major or pip.

Though it's entirely possible i could have liked this deck a lot less and still backed it because of the amazing uusi (air-cushioned?) card stock. Assuming it's the same as what their pagan poker deck uses, which i have and find excuses to use mostly so that i can just lounge around and shuffle it.

FLizarraga

Well, it's your money, after all. You spend it any way you like.

Hi FLiz! (and thank you!)
Kickstarter is a great way to help artists. And totally addicting.
I am about to back this one but it is the poker deck I want more than the tarot deck in this case, though it too looks beautiful. Though I would love the foiled moon cards!

Yeah, addictive is the word. Between Kickstarter and Indiegogo, I have backed a few projects that came into fruition (like yours, Babalon, thankfully, although that one never worried me ;)) and a couple that didn't. Not to mention that I often salivate over projects that I so want to back and simply can't afford to.

I backed it. Though, i'm often struck by the silly things that make me back something; in this case, the extra moon phase cards and the seeker. I use moon phases alot in planning out my week, so it would be super useful to have that option in a tarot deck w/out it being attached to any specific major or pip.

I like that idea a lot, DV --using the moon phases to plan your week. :D

Though it's entirely possible i could have liked this deck a lot less and still backed it because of the amazing uusi (air-cushioned?) card stock. Assuming it's the same as what their pagan poker deck uses, which i have and find excuses to use mostly so that i can just lounge around and shuffle it.

I, too have that deck, although I have no real use for playing cards. It's so beautiful, and, YES, a dream to shuffle. (But then, I even bought some poker size blank cards from Tag as a "shuffler" because I love her linen cardstock.)

The Tarot deck's cardstock is supposed to be even better, if I remember correctly. Which makes me wonder, because I cannot imagine what Uusi's idea of "better" cardstock can be. Will it shuffle itself? Will it give you a foot massage? I have no idea.

It's a gorgeous deck. I figured that, if it turns out not to be a reader, I'll have no trouble passing it along like I did the Isidore. I'll keep that little redwood stand, though.