Deviant Moon

Winterchild

Book Size

This video should give you an idea of the size of the book... it also shows some of the other magical goodness created by Patrick Valenza...

https://youtu.be/DgcAK2W3ypA

ScorpioRegen

I agree, if you've looked at the images on its aeclectic page and you're drawn in rather than creeped out then don't worry how other ppl react to it :) Some of us (cough) started out finding it creepy but now adore it, even finding it cute!

The book is a magnificent thing but you definitely don't need it. You can always pick one up later if you end up a superfan :D Oh and, absolutely, go for the borderless edition.

LOL, I find some of the images on Nicoletta Ceccoli deck a little creepy but cute at the same time. Glad to hear the book isnt essential as budgeting!

ScorpioRegen

Same with me. I want this one for a long, long time.

And well, I want to get both editions - bordered and borderless. Bordered to carry around and borderless for my own use.
Good idea! Id like to frame a set for the hall way or livingroom

ScorpioRegen

the deck is whimsical in a dark way. I wouldn't call it dick or negative. it reads beautifully.
the book is more about the making of the deck more than it is about providing more interpretations for the cards. to me it helped with gaining insight to the cards as you are able to see what inspired each card in more detail.

Thats great to know it reads well, the images look like they can 'flow' I found the 4 of cups image very amusing! - I suppose you are more reliant on intuition in this case

Winterchild

I trimmed my original bordered version and blacked the edges as a travel deck, it looks fantastic I reckon :)

Have attached a couple images for you.

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2669.jpg
    IMG_2669.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 136

Winterchild

Thats great to know it reads well, the images look like they can 'flow' I found the 4 of cups image very amusing! - I suppose you are more reliant on intuition in this case

yes it is very intuitive and if you saw in my video about why I love the deck I talk about how for me it acts as a doorway to my subconscious, because of the dreamy fringe dweller kind of imagery...

lalalibra

I absolutely love the Deviant Moon. There's nothing quite like it. I don't find it sick. Quite the opposite; I find it healing. A very truthful deck, the images pack a punch in a way that reads crystal clear and in a way that really stays with you (they don't leave your mind; they keep working with you, transforming you). I also love the aesthetic of the sepia toned night, the playful pops of color here and there, the moon people that seem to glow, the different moon phases in the background. It's a deck that feels almost carnivalesque in its vibe, and yet its inhabitants are all very approachable and the overall feel of it is very down to earth once you get to know it. It also has the perfect ratio of creepy cuteness, making it both cozy and yet very badass. Somehow it never grows old. It is a very enchanting, inspiring deck and it feels very alive. Very balanced too, perfect for any mood (serious and deep when it needs to be; or fun, whimsical, more casual, etc).

I don't own the book, but I will probably get it someday. I can echo the same reccomendations for the borderless edition. The images are crisp and large, and the quality is wonderful (the edges don't chip like crazy as with some other decks). The artwork is beautiful behind the screen, but there's truly so much to appreciate when you see it in person... each little teeny sparkle of starlight peppering the skies, every stone brick and furrowed brow.. There is so much to explore.

But it really is becoming one of my go-to decks this year. Again, it just has this oomph to it that I don't feel as much with some other decks. Very clear voice.

Winterchild

I absolutely love the Deviant Moon. There's nothing quite like it. I don't find it sick. Quite the opposite; I find it healing. A very truthful deck, the images pack a punch in a way that reads crystal clear and in a way that really stays with you (they don't leave your mind; they keep working with you, transforming you). I also love the aesthetic of the sepia toned night, the playful pops of color here and there, the moon people that seem to glow, the different moon phases in the background. It's a deck that feels almost carnivalesque in its vibe, and yet its inhabitants are all very approachable and the overall feel of it is very down to earth once you get to know it. It also has the perfect ratio of creepy cuteness, making it both cozy and yet very badass. Somehow it never grows old. It is a very enchanting, inspiring deck and it feels very alive. Very balanced too, perfect for any mood (serious and deep when it needs to be; or fun, whimsical, more casual, etc).

I don't own the book, but I will probably get it someday. I can echo the same reccomendations for the borderless edition. The images are crisp and large, and the quality is wonderful (the edges don't chip like crazy as with some other decks). The artwork is beautiful behind the screen, but there's truly so much to appreciate when you see it in person... each little teeny sparkle of starlight peppering the skies, every stone brick and furrowed brow.. There is so much to explore.

But it really is becoming one of my go-to decks this year. Again, it just has this oomph to it that I don't feel as much with some other decks. Very clear voice.

YES to all of that!!!