Antiquarian Tarot Re-release and Guidebook

ladybird

It has been such a long time since I've been on here, but for good reason. I've been writing the companion guidebook for the Antiquarian Tarot and it's now finished! I wanted to thank some of you for supporting my work in the past. I have really appreciated your enthusiasm and support. I hope this information is helpful. I've had several folks email me asking me about the deck, so thought I would post here.

The Antiquarian Tarot deck has been sold out for a little while, but it will be available again soon. I just wanted to wait until I launched the guidebook before I rereleased it.

I've ordered a bunch of decks to ship out with the Antiquarian Tarot's Companion Guidebook. In the past, the tarot deck was POD (printed on demand), which worked really well for folks in the EU, because the printer I used has a distribution center in Germany. This meant that folks in the EU didn't have to pay the high VAT. Awesome, right?

Here's my plan going forward. I'm going to start housing the Antiquarian Tarot decks and guidebooks here (westcoast USA) in my home and shipping everything myself. For domestic sales, this will mean faster delivery via USPS priority mail (as opposed to the 10 day POD).

Back to the guidebook. It's going to be 385 pages. It will be a complete guide to the mystical tarot and will also have information about the artwork and why I chose to images I did. I've also included all the images of the cards in the guidebook. If you're interested in seeing what the book will include, I've posted the Table of Contents at my blog http://www.divinemuses.net/divinemusings

I plan to do a giveaway of the deck and guidebook when I have them. So stay tuned for that!

May you all be well.
xo
Maree

PS. I'm planning for a September release. ETA(for sale starting September 26th!)

ETA: For international sales: I am going to continue to offer POD. That way people don't have to pay VAT in the EU. According to some of my EU customers, they haven't had to pay VAT because the printer has a distribution center in the EU. However, I'm not sure if this is always the case and cannot make promises!

Also, to send the book overseas is extremely expensive, but I have decided to offer it to my international customers. If you're interested in the details, I have written about it at length on my blog.

MoonGypsy

Oh Maree, this is such fantastic news!!! Well done! i am so proud of you! :D :heart:
i know you put your heart and soul into both the tarot deck and the companion book.
i can hardly wait to finally have the companion book in my grateful and eager hands.
You KNOW how much i love everything you do...my awesome talented dear sweet sister! :*

ladybird

Thank you, MoonGypsy, for your amazing support! You have always been such a light here at AT. Thank you. :heart:

Tarotwolf

Looking forward to reading your book. Just from viewing a few entries in your blog, I can tell it should be good. Also, if anyone doesn't have this deck - I highly recommend picking up a copy.

ladybird

I just wanted to update this post about the Antiquarian Tarot Companion Guidebook and tarot deck.

Here's the link to my blog talking about the release in more detail: http://www.divinemuses.net/divinemusings/the-printed-proof-is-here

I've attached a picture of the book! 4.25" x 7" x.875" (108mm x 178mm x 23mm).

Also, I made the dreaded decision to make a few changes to the deck. I know some people love the deck the way it is, but I just had to make the changes for myself to like it better.

Basically, I made one major change to a card. The Lovers card. It was my least favorite card in the deck and so I had to change the image. The other changes were less significant—more detail-oriented changes that I think will go mostly unnoticed, but that satisfied the perfectionist in me. (My Natal North Node is Virgo and the NN has been transiting Virgo. Plus all the Virgo energy that has been aspecting my chart lately didn't help matters. ;) )

I hope people can understand why I did this. I've had several people react in different ways about this. So thought I would share.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 184

ladybird

Looking forward to reading your book. Just from viewing a few entries in your blog, I can tell it should be good. Also, if anyone doesn't have this deck - I highly recommend picking up a copy.

Thank you, Tarotwolf, for your kind words of support!

FLizarraga

Though I have accumulated more copies of the Antiquarian Lenormand that I care to admit -- basically ALL sizes, some of them duplicated :bugeyed: -- I managed to resist the Antiquarian Tarot for a long time... resisted, resisted, resisted... till, suddenly, it sold out... :(

So I'm thrilled to hear that it's coming back, and with a book to boot. I'm looking forward to it. Kudos, Maree! :thumbsup: :heart:

sweetscarlet

Oh my gosh, I'm really excited about this!!! I got the deck right around last Christmas and have very much enjoyed it. It's a beautiful deck, and I can't wait to get the guide book to go with it :)

MoonGypsy

i am so darned excited about this, Maree! i can hardly wait!
i am very curious about the tweaks you have made to the deck, also.
Knowing me, i will probably get the book AND the new edition of the Antiquarian Tarot.
Will it be available in all three sizes in the Linen?:love: i might want a large this time,
for a change...;)i hope you and your DH are doing well! :love:
Much love and blessings to you, my sweet sister!

ladybird

i am so darned excited about this, Maree! i can hardly wait!
i am very curious about the tweaks you have made to the deck, also.
Knowing me, i will probably get the book AND the new edition of the Antiquarian Tarot.
Will it be available in all three sizes in the Linen?:love: i might want a large this time,
for a change...;)i hope you and your DH are doing well! :love:
Much love and blessings to you, my sweet sister!

Hi Moongypsy! :heart: Since I'm going to be shipping the deck myself (domestically; decks purchased internationally will be POD, printed-on-demand), I only ordered it in the one size and finish—standard size, linen finish. I plan on doing a combo deal with the release of the book and deck.

I do plan on doing a combo deal for international buyers as well, but obviously the book and deck will not be shipped together. Book will be shipped by me, while the deck will be POD.

Thank you all for your kind words of support!