Dust II Onyx

rwcarter

There's a thread in Tarot Deck Creation started by the artist - Dust to Onyx Tarot In Progress! If the deck is complete now, Tarot Decks is the appropriate place to discuss the deck.

Metafizzypop

The deck isn't complete, though. On the Kickstarter page, it says that Majors are mostly done, but the Minors are still "in progress."

rylla

I really admire the art and like this deck. I'd like to back it on kickstarter; what holds me back is that I have the impression that it emanates a dark, negative energy. I'd LOVE to know your impression about the pictures (hoping that I am mistaken, that it's just me and not the deck). Thanks!!!!

ETA I don't do shadow work; I am looking for decks that I can use for reading (it doesn't have to be conventional!); this one might be good for personal reading but not if it feels me up with negative energy.

officialmothman

I considered posting about this deck here as well, as this forum tends to get more attention and I'm anxious about whether it will reach its goal. I backed for two copies :) I don't get the impression that it emanates negative energy at all! I think the art is so gorgeous and it has sort of a cosmic feel. I love the minors she's released thus far--I'm always anxious about how the minors will look in any deck. I think the meanings come across very clearly in the two and three of cups, which I really like. I also think it's a very important deck considering all the discussion in the community about lack of representation in the tarot decks we have available to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DarkYarns

I don't feel a dark or negative energy at all. It sort of has a "beginning of the world" feel to me - the figures on the dark backgrounds feel like these beings are consciousness rising from cosmic dust and star stuff. I really like the look and feel of the deck and I, too, would really like to see this deck meet its funding goal.

gregory

I really admire the art and like this deck. I'd like to back it on kickstarter; what holds me back is that I have the impression that it emanates a dark, negative energy. I'd LOVE to know your impression about the pictures (hoping that I am mistaken, that it's just me and not the deck). Thanks!!!!
I find that REALLY worrying in you, rylla. The only "dark" thing I see in it is racial - skin colouring - which is NOT in itself dark, after all.

KhonsuMes

Just supported this deck on Kickstarter. The cards are gorgeous.

Dark? Not at all for me. The very first image that struck me on seeing the Empress were those incredible paintings in the Ajanta Caves of Celestial Apsaras. This card radiates joy to me, as those do.

rylla

I find that REALLY worrying in you, rylla. The only "dark" thing I see in it is racial - skin colouring - which is NOT in itself dark, after all.

No, no. I obviously wasn't referring to skin color. If that would be a problem for me I would've not considered backing the project in the first place. I am not even referring to the mostly dark tone of the pictures (as far as I can see on my computer). But I admit I don't generally like 'dark' decks. On the other hand Bohemian Gothic or Deviant Moon aren't 'dark' decks for me (and they seem to be 'dark' for some people), so I guess it's a very personal thing what is or isn't a 'dark' deck. Glad to hear that the Dust to Onyx is not that scary as it seems to me. I'll take another look because I really like the art (as well as the size of the cards so the art will be enjoyable) and I'd like to back this project - if I can live with it:)

mercuryempress

I considered posting about this deck here as well, as this forum tends to get more attention and I'm anxious about whether it will reach its goal. I backed for two copies :) I don't get the impression that it emanates negative energy at all! I think the art is so gorgeous and it has sort of a cosmic feel. I love the minors she's released thus far--I'm always anxious about how the minors will look in any deck. I think the meanings come across very clearly in the two and three of cups, which I really like. I also think it's a very important deck considering all the discussion in the community about lack of representation in the tarot decks we have available to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am also backing with great anticipation :)