Easiest Fae reading EVER :D hop skip Jump~

Alissa

Last week, a good friend of mine came by to visit and we decided to pull out the Faeries to see if they wanted to come out and play. My friend Jeanette I have read for with this deck for many years. She has it herself. She even has a Froud tattoo of a faery on her leg.

Needless to say, she is familiar, very very familiar, with this deck. She knows it well.

So! We sit down and we start talking about her question for the reading and out pops the first card while I'm still mid-shuffle -- it's Unity. I smile and hand her the card, which she immediately understands and interprets for herself for the subject of the reading.

I start shuffling some more.

Two more cards pop out after another few passes, Taitlyn the Sylph and Ta'Om the Poet... these two clearly represent her and her beloved. I show her each, saying only, "Here's you, and here's him." She's grinning from ear to ear. She immediately understands again.

We laugh and keep shuffling and discuss the messages she's seeing, for herself, while looking at her jumpers so far. Then? Two more cards pop out simultaneously (again) while I'm mid shuffle.

Bodacious Bodach and Sylvanius. Her and him, again, but these are her shadow cards, her caveats, her balancing points to the sweetness and light and love and bubbles that comprised her reading thus far. She sobers upon reflecting on them and nods in understanding. We discuss Sylvanius for about a minute or two and I expound on the nature of his mask.

And then I shrugged and looked at the cards on the couch before us and said, "Well, and we're done! That was easy."

I've never had a reading before where I didn't even have to chose a single card, nor did I have to explain their presence and meaning to the sitter. It was like being the purest medium ever... all I had to do was shuffle and hand her the cards that selected themselves! :D Loved it, truly did. Amazing, and so unique to the character of this deck as well.

Just had to make time to share...

Alissa

And some people say, "Alissa, why don't you contribute more on AT? Like you used to?"

And Alissa says, "No one even remembers me or cares if I come or go."

And the Green Woman says, "Oh don't be a pooper, go post something fun. Write about that reading you did where you didn't have to read... that was different and might be fun to share."

And the Fae Lion says, "But I have so many things to do each day, between the baby, and the real writing deadlines, and the henna appointments, and all the other freelancing, and still trying to find Me Time...."

And Taitlyn says, "But I showed up in the reading, you should share it. It was fun. Be light hearted and make a moment to write it up, even if it means putting off the diaper change another 15 minutes."

And so Alissa succumbs and shares her story here. And comes back every few hours for a few days to see if anyone had fun reading it, or had something similar to share, or just to post a one word response... but no one did because no one on AT understands how weird but fun Alissa was in the old AT days.

So Alissa feels like posting on AT is like talking into a well. Nothing but the echo chamber effect to answer you.

And then she's sad, but not for long, and so she blows kisses and says bye again to AT since she's flitting off to another corner of the internet where there are more voices to exchange herself with.

ellirhyn

Hellooooooooo??? Echo echo echo echo echo. .. .
I liked your story. . .ory. . .ory .. .
Can you help me outta this well?? ell??ell??ell??

:D

Thanks for posting this, I needed to hear good stuff and feel a little re-connected. Your "drop in the well" did not go un-noticed!

hopena

I liked your story ~ I also liked your recent post about the teenagers at a party. :)

I've only used my Faeries Oracle once, in months ~ I remember wanting it so badly, when I read about it here, but couldn't afford to buy it. I used to lurk a lot in this forum ~ I was too shy to post, but it was my favourite part of AT, for a while. :heart: I need to spend more time with my faeries.

Eugenia Madora

I just found your post and really enjoyed it. I have had the experience of posting and being or feeling ignored sometimes. It's very disheartening.

Sometimes it takes a few days to catch up...
You made me want to pull my fairies out to see if they'll play but they're probably really mad at me. It's been a while!!

:heart:

Courtnis

Cards that jump....

Alissa said:
And some people say, "Alissa, why don't you contribute more on AT? Like you used to?"

And Alissa says, "No one even remembers me or cares if I come or go."

And the Green Woman says, "Oh don't be a pooper, go post something fun. Write about that reading you did where you didn't have to read... that was different and might be fun to share."

And the Fae Lion says, "But I have so many things to do each day, between the baby, and the real writing deadlines, and the henna appointments, and all the other freelancing, and still trying to find Me Time...."

And Taitlyn says, "But I showed up in the reading, you should share it. It was fun. Be light hearted and make a moment to write it up, even if it means putting off the diaper change another 15 minutes."

And so Alissa succumbs and shares her story here. And comes back every few hours for a few days to see if anyone had fun reading it, or had something similar to share, or just to post a one word response... but no one did because no one on AT understands how weird but fun Alissa was in the old AT days.

So Alissa feels like posting on AT is like talking into a well. Nothing but the echo chamber effect to answer you.

And then she's sad, but not for long, and so she blows kisses and says bye again to AT since she's flitting off to another corner of the internet where there are more voices to exchange herself with.

I also have never experienced cards like these that jump right out of your hands like these do. Sure, on occassion with my other decks, one might slip from my grasp by mistake. I still pay attention to those cards as well, but they never quite seem as perfect to the situation as these FO cards always are. I love them :)