Dark Fairytale Tarot - The Devil

Tanga

HEARTFELT GREETINGS Dark Fairytale Tarot enthusiasts. (Lo Scarabeo)

Myself and angelanh began a conversation on the DFT and were re-directed to start a study group here. Please do join us in musings and mad venturing into this deck! :)

Here is our conversation to date on the deck - we've begun with The Devil:

1)
angelanh:
Tanga - are you ready to begin discussion?

Tanga:
Yes. (this may be an interesting discussion as I have actually mixed my Dark Fairytale Tarot and Dark Angel Tarot together - "the best of both worlds in one, as it were" - I'll be leafing through two decks each time, to find appropriate cards :) ).

And... leafing through right now - how I love THE DEVIL!
It's that Tim Curry devil from the movie "Legend" (Tim Curry was the actor who played the Devil character) that was recently discussed in the 'Favourite Devil card' thread here on AT - sharing what our favourite Devil card was. Here was the photo that Teheuti posted on that thread - http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/6006205_f520.jpg).

Have you seen that movie with this Devil in it?
The opening scene is brilliant... a dark room with a booming voice saying "My name is Darkness..." - then camera pans from hooves to face, plus cue the music.
Don't remember much else about the film! .

How interesting that the Angel at his feet has a tattoo on her shoulder and wrist... hmm.
Will need to get magnifying glass out...

Awesome crystal staff he has. What type of crystal do you reckon is in there?

2)
angelahn:
I haven't seen the Tim Curry Devil movie but I heard someone said like you in blog.

About the tatoo, the first tatoo with two circles connect with each other, it repeats in many card, appear most clear in the Sun card, in the flag. It seem like Five Fold Symbol or Vesica piscis (but Vesica piscis is the only part that two circle merge), but I think it might related to Continuum symbol (tv series).
The second tatoo repeated two, but quite hard to find its meaning.

About the Crystal, let me think more .

3)
Tanga:
After google on both counts - I'd say it's the Vesica Piscis.
And as for the 2nd tattoo, problem is - I cannot see it clearly in the first place.

The Crystal is purple. So - ah... Purple Kryptonite? :joke:
What purple stones would suit the energy of The Devil. I shall think about this and check out my crystal books...

4)
angelahn:
But the Vesica Piscis is only part that two circle merged. I think for some reasons it's not and the artist want like that.

Second repeated in Judgement card too...

Achlys

I have to say, I love this card,not only for the reference, but because of the artwork.
It's gorgeously rendered.
This card evokes a feeling of domination in that the devil is presiding over the angel.
I think this could indicate being stuck or feeling restricted as well as a feeling of being stifled.
It could also stand for the negative aspects of a person taking control over the good, or maybe giving into temptation.

Tanga

So... We have "The Divine Feminine" scattered about the deck (Vesica Piscis)
= Sacred Creation.

And I've decided the Devil's purple crystal is Sugulite. :)

Sugulite:
- Aids dwelling in the present, transcends the limits of time.
- Tune's one's personal vibration to that of earth (useful if you're a devil trying to get in here :joke: ).
- Promotes Karmic healing. Ah yes - all that naughtiness/temptations, struggles that may be from Karma - or about to create more of it. LOL!