Ace of Cups as future with lover?

stone_lotus

I'm about one month into a new relationship that I had initially considered a one-night stand. I'm still not sure if this is a relationship I want to pursue seriously or not. Any insight on the following two cards from a larger spread is appreciated:

Why is he in my life now? STRENGTH
This makes sense to me -- Strength is about patience, about heightened clarity and perception over time -- finesse, the long haul, as opposed to snap decisions, giving up, short-term effort, etc. Being with him even though he is quite different to my usual type is showing me the benefit of putting effort into something I would have merely brushed aside as "too difficult", "too complex" in the past. Also, he is a Leo -- a fairly showy, impressive one at that, which could be related to the lion in the card (RWS).

How will he be in my life in the near future? ACE of CUPS
This one gives me pause. Aces are about new and Cups refer to emotion -- so how would this fit into the future? Would this not have been more appropriate in the position of Past, as in the spark that led to our initial crazy-fast hook-up? Aces are also about potential, so with this card in the future, it speaks to me of limitation -- as in, whatever we have together, in the future, it is limited to the sphere of potential -- it will never progress beyond that sort of emotionally immature stage of infancy. Finally, pregnancy could be suggested, although this is not desired and precautions are obviously in place.

Thoughts?

Many thanks!

SwordOfTruth

Well I could see the Ace Of Cups as signifying your emotional attachment in the existing arrangement. You are fence sitting right now emotionally, not investing but not necessarily pushing away either. The Ace could be representing the moment in which you emotionally commit, you are now.....all in.

GreenDiamond

Ace of Cups represents emotional attachment, deep connection, balance, engagement, marriage and pregnancy.

Ace of Cups is definitely not about "spark" and "crazy fast hookups". That would be the best represented by the Knight of Wands or other cards from the Wands suit.

Ace

Aces to me are new beginnings and Ace of Cups is great well springs of love and energy.

What the FUTURE will be is something else. I have no idea. But FOR NOW, there is a LOT of positive emotion. I would be wary of saying it will result in marriage, but right now I would say the sex is WONDERFULLY good and see where it goes from there.

barb

liveandbloom

I can see how you're interpreting Ace of Cups in the future as a relationship that doesn't evolve and mature.

Another interpretation, based on Aces indicating potential, might be that since you haven't yet decided about it -- well, simply, the opportunity is there for you, if you will take it, and it could go in any of a number of directions. It seems to indicate a deep connection, regardless of which direction you two go. It could be physical, with great chemistry, but also with much trust and affection; or maybe it's a more encompassing commitment to one another.

I am getting a feeling that there are potential ways of relating, opening up, and being with another person in this relationship that are different from your past relationships (possibly for him too). Hence the Ace here meaning, this is new territory for both of you? It may be a new way of seeing your own powers in matters of love (and not limited to romantic).

The Strength card does seem to indicate that he's drawn to a quality in you, an inner calm, the ability to stay centered and true to yourself, and this may be much different than many people he encounters.

stone_lotus

Well I could see the Ace Of Cups as signifying your emotional attachment in the existing arrangement. You are fence sitting right now emotionally, not investing but not necessarily pushing away either. The Ace could be representing the moment in which you emotionally commit, you are now.....all in.

I think you could be right -- well, DEFINITELY you are right about my current "fence sitting" stance! And the Ace in the future could then, as you suggest, relate to the moment of making an emotional decision or commitment. Many thanks!

stone_lotus

Ace of Cups represents emotional attachment, deep connection, balance, engagement, marriage and pregnancy.

Ace of Cups is definitely not about "spark" and "crazy fast hookups". That would be the best represented by the Knight of Wands or other cards from the Wands suit.

Thanks for your insights, Green Diamond. You're absolutely right -- something lighter or less serious would be better indicated by the Knight of Wands etc. I hadn't considered that!

stone_lotus

Aces to me are new beginnings and Ace of Cups is great well springs of love and energy.

What the FUTURE will be is something else. I have no idea. But FOR NOW, there is a LOT of positive emotion. I would be wary of saying it will result in marriage, but right now I would say the sex is WONDERFULLY good and see where it goes from there.

barb

The sex is indeed spectacular! :D I like how you've said "see where it goes from there". Maybe the Ace in the future is suggesting that I not be in a rush to know everything about the future; just enjoy the purity of feeling now.

stone_lotus

I can see how you're interpreting Ace of Cups in the future as a relationship that doesn't evolve and mature.

Another interpretation, based on Aces indicating potential, might be that since you haven't yet decided about it -- well, simply, the opportunity is there for you, if you will take it, and it could go in any of a number of directions. It seems to indicate a deep connection, regardless of which direction you two go. It could be physical, with great chemistry, but also with much trust and affection; or maybe it's a more encompassing commitment to one another.

I am getting a feeling that there are potential ways of relating, opening up, and being with another person in this relationship that are different from your past relationships (possibly for him too). Hence the Ace here meaning, this is new territory for both of you? It may be a new way of seeing your own powers in matters of love (and not limited to romantic).

The Strength card does seem to indicate that he's drawn to a quality in you, an inner calm, the ability to stay centered and true to yourself, and this may be much different than many people he encounters.

Thank you so much for this detailed, thoughtful reply. You've given me much to mull over. I think what resonates with me most about your suggestions is the idea that this is an opportunity -- that it is too early to predict the future, but that there is that potential just waiting for me to pick it up.

I am actually not sure how deeply connected I feel to this guy other than on a physical level, so it's interesting to hear you (and others) comment on the "strong connection", strength of feeling, etc. that Ace of Cups typically signifies. Maybe there is something more to this guy than I give him credit for, or maybe he will morph into a totally unexpected new aspect of my experience.

Neat thoughts on the Strength card! I think it's true -- I am different from most other people he knows, and the reverse is true too -- we are an unlikely match, very different types.

Thanks again so much.

liveandbloom

I am actually not sure how deeply connected I feel to this guy other than on a physical level, so it's interesting to hear you (and others) comment on the "strong connection", strength of feeling, etc. that Ace of Cups typically signifies. Maybe there is something more to this guy than I give him credit for, or maybe he will morph into a totally unexpected new aspect of my experience.

I love how you put this: "maybe he will morph into a totally unexpected new aspect of my experience." It feels open-minded, welcoming of living and becoming bigger.

Yes, it's interesting, that Ace of Cups with all of its deep spiritual and emotional connection yada yada... perhaps it does feel like a bit of a stretch with the way you feel about him at the moment, or given the tone that was set in your mind and heart with the way you first approached this interaction with him.

What's coming to mind about that, though, is how when there's really good (repeated) physical chemistry, there is trust and a kind of caring, even if it's purely answering to one another's desire and pleasure. The body-spirit-mind interrelate. (I wonder if that speaks to how people often get crushes on their doctors for tending to their bodies, freeing them from their pain?)

If you came upon a situation where he was in need of help or solidarity, would you feel compelled? And considering the situation flipped, if you were in need, would he...? If the answer is no, one way or both ways, I suppose that would indicate lack of any connection.

Anyway, I didn't mean to add more chatter. I really just wanted to thank you for your clear and specific feedback. My best wishes to you!