I can't figure out the queens of wands...

lucifelfalling

Ok so I'm not good at court cards in general but she's come up a lot lately and I don't understand her at all. How do you interpret this card?

Who is she when she's a person? (For example, I almost always interpret the Emperor as someone's father. I don't know why, it's just a feeling.)

What is she when she's standing for traits?

Thoughts much appreciated!

Sallyann

In my experience, the Queens usually come up to represent women in a reading.
The Queen of Wands often appears as a woman who is eager to make changes in her life or ready to move on as there is a sense of focusing on the future.
To me, this card has quite an intense emotional energy & can appear to indicate instability in a romantic situation such as jealousy or fixation. She can represent a woman who attracts men very easily & can indicate a passionate but unstable connection such as an affair or brief fling.
If you are familiar with astrology, she often comes up to reflect the characteristics of the Fire Signs: Aries, Leo & Sagittarius or a woman born under one of these signs. She usually has high energy levels that when focused positively can make her an excellent multi tasker & an enthusiastic employee who is able to think on her feet and come up with creative solutions or ideas.
If the Queen Wands comes up in a spread then the surrounding cards are also going to affect the interpretation.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Think of it as themom who always picks up and dropas off the children, gets involved and in school activities, and has a busy job, but still has too much aenergy, and wants to do everything. Optimistic, and energetic. If you don't really gender the courts, also think of her as creative, and free-spirited! :D

lark

The Clair Dunffy on Modern Family always seems like a very Queen of Wands type to me.

LeFou

Random examples (there could be dozens):

* a woman succeeding in a man's industry
* a woman of action and determination
* an extroverted real estate agent
* a quiet, thoughtful man's "inner opposite" energy (anima)
* a dominant mother-figure

nisaba

<grin> We're not really supposed to help you until you've had a decent go yourself, but since everyone else has, here's my two cents' worth:

The card indicates internalisation (Queen) of energy and drive (Fire/Wands). So whether it represents a man or a woman, it's someone who can't sit still: they were *born* forward-planning, they have no patience with people who waste time in front of the TV or who don't have longer-term goals that they're actively working on. They have huge self-respect based on the fact that they are over-achievers, which translates easily into having little respect for people who are not as driven as they are. They tend to be overly controlling, because they see other people, rightly or wrongly, as sitting back wasting time.

Pages are fumbling around in this aspect of life: Knights are developing it: Queens have developed and internalised it: Kings teach it to others.

Lucas Prince of Cats

The Clair Dunffy on Modern Family always seems like a very Queen of Wands type to me.

Ha! I love taht show. Yes, certainly, but she amy also be a queen of swords.

Padma

<grin> We're not really supposed to help you until you've had a decent go yourself, but since everyone else has, here's my two cents' worth:

The card indicates internalisation (Queen) of energy and drive (Fire/Wands). So whether it represents a man or a woman, it's someone who can't sit still: they were *born* forward-planning, they have no patience with people who waste time in front of the TV or who don't have longer-term goals that they're actively working on. They have huge self-respect based on the fact that they are over-achievers, which translates easily into having little respect for people who are not as driven as they are. They tend to be overly controlling, because they see other people, rightly or wrongly, as sitting back wasting time.

Pages are fumbling around in this aspect of life: Knights are developing it: Queens have developed and internalised it: Kings teach it to others.

Awesomely delivered, Nisaba! Voila :)

Myself, I see the Qu Wands as some one itching to burst out of her skin - can't sit still. Needs to be the helicopter parent, wants to parent everyone...except herself. Falls apart when needing to deal with her own emotions - but she is awesome at telling everyone else how to cope with theirs! Control freak, athletic maniac, dying to love but cannot - does not know how to give or receive love...is sad, as she knows her deficiency. But ow, she can do it in bed!

Still, this is the gal you want planning your party, and helping you be a new bride or mother! Fantastic at firing enthusiasm in others...just, not in herself. There she meets the mystery! Not acquainted with her deep self, and cannot help herself.

Debra

Drama queen.

Saskia

I think if you get this card repeatedly it's an advice to become like her: energetic, passionate, adventurous, fun, bold, daring. Think astrology fire signs: Leo, Aries, Sagittarius. In the limelight, happy to take a leadership position but also always ready for fun. Or it's an advice to rely on someone like her: maybe it's a friend, sister, mother etc. who can help you or teach you something - about life, values, how to succeed or even about yourself.