The Emperor as feelings in a female friendship?

Miss Honey

Just for some fun I asked the question of how a close friend feels about me. The first card to appear was the Emperor.

I see the Emperor as a very masculine card and I'm surprised to see it appear in a question about female friendship. Any ideas what this means? Am I too strong? Demanding? Controlling? Hard-nosed? Eeek...

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, florencevassy!

Please check your PMs.

Other members, please hold off on providing interpretations for any cards except the one listed in the title of the thread until it's determined where the thread will end up and which cards will be discussed.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Miss Honey

Sorry, fixed up!

mothcloth

hello florencevassy,

for me personally, the emperor is also a card that stands for endurance, for discipline, for order, for getting stuff done at the end of the day. the sort of rational maturity that comes with knowing how the system works and still finding value in empathy. the good leader type of person.

feminine and masculine traits can be found in people of all gender identities: balance is the keyword. a woman who forces herself to be seen as feminine through and through might give herself completely away to help other people grow, just as an example. and then again, if nurture doesn't come naturally to a lady, that's cool, too. your gender identity is what you make it!

what i'm trying to say is: having the emperor come up in regards to a female relationship does not mean it's a "too much!!" thing right from the start :)

nisaba

Just for some fun I asked the question of how a close friend feels about me. The first card to appear was the Emperor.

I see the Emperor as a very masculine card and I'm surprised to see it appear in a question about female friendship. Any ideas what this means? Am I too strong? Demanding? Controlling? Hard-nosed? Eeek...

Within a female friendship the card really isn't a problem. You may be stable, reliable, there for the long haul, safe, secure, a mentor-figure, protective of your friend, sensible, a rock to lean on. What's not to like about the Emperor?

Pique Dame

Do you use reversals? Maybe your friend is secretly jealous of you and feels like she needs to one-up you all the time in order to compete.

liveandbloom

It's helpful for me to see your question, florencevassy, because I get confused in these types of situations, too. The Emperor as your friend's feelings about you is different than The Emperor as how your friend sees you, right? But then, it also seems there could be a conflation of two.

It could be that she's the Emperor and she feels protective of you. If you are very spontaneous, impulsive, larger than life, then the Emperor's energy might be coming up in her as a balance, keeping things from getting too out of hand, or just safe (from her perspective).

I think it often happens that a close friend has a quality or strength that you wish you had, so another interpretation could be that your friend sees you as stable, disciplined, structured -- all of what mothcloth and nisaba articulated so well -- traits that make her feel safe with you, but also maybe she envies just a little bit.

Miss Honey

Thank you for your replies guys. I'm only learning so I appreciate it. I think the interpretations of being stable, reliable, disciplined etc are spot on. Growing up especially I was always the more "responsible" kid and I feel very protective of her so that all makes sense :)

Laurelle

They feel protective of you.