Needing help with Balbi meanings

Ivanovich

Hi. I have some problems with the Balbi meanings, specially with the 2 of swords. If you take the booklet included in the deck it says: "Balanced form. Union. Contract. Firmness. Letter" but in the Eudes Picard book it says "discussion,problems". So which is the right meaning? . Thanks in advance.

rwcarter

Balbi may be based on the Eudes Picard system, but that doesn't mean it follows the system 100%. If you're trying to determine which meaning to use, I'd go with the LWB meaning. But there's nothing to say that you can't give them both a try and see which one works more often for you. You may end up using both meanings depending on the situation, mood, etc.

nisaba

Hi. I have some problems with the Balbi meanings, specially with the 2 of swords. If you take the booklet included in the deck it says: "Balanced form. Union. Contract. Firmness. Letter" but in the Eudes Picard book it says "discussion,problems". So which is the right meaning? . Thanks in advance.

Which of those feels right to you? What satisfies you? That is the meaning that is the card's base-point for you. There is no objective right or wrong meaning, really.

You've got to remember, whichever one you elect, that's just a few words. That's just the very basis, and is a far cry from the card's entire meaning, which will be expanded on by what position it falls on in the spread, what the "story" of the spread is before that point and after that point, what the client is like, even, perhaps, what the weather is like if it is very similar or very different in feel to what you pick up from the card. And yes, I know the Balbi images. :)