Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

Morwenna

Oh, Umbridge probably would have the Cat Wisdom cards, which are toothachingly cute, though she probably wouldn't agree with the titles.

Actually, I can see Hermione with the Hermetic, since she's so intellectual.

Molly and the Housewives, Luna and the Moon Garden, Pomona Sprout and the Herbal--brilliant!

I also like the idea of Ginny and the Morgan Greer.

Charlie--the Prakownik Dragon.

Bill--one of the Egyptian-themed decks.

Bookwight

Morwenna said:
Oh, Umbridge probably would have the Cat Wisdom cards, which are toothachingly cute, though she probably wouldn't agree with the titles.

Actually, I can see Hermione with the Hermetic, since she's so intellectual...

...Charlie--the Prakownik Dragon.

Bill--one of the Egyptian-themed decks.

Love these! Though I still think Umbridge would add bows to every cat. (And glitter and more pink.) :p

And I thought of one more:

Trelawney has a frankendeck she put together using the most visually alarming versions she could find of every single card. And she also has the Fallen Angels Oracle, because it’s full of tombstones, graveyard art, statues with animal heads, Weeping Angels— don’t blink! — oh wait, wrong fandom, sorry, ;) — I mean stone angels that are missing limbs. She can turn over any card and gasp in dismay: “Death! Disease! Betrayal! Oh, you poor child!” And of course she conducts all her readings with lots of silk scarves, candles, incense, and a selection of crystals designed “to reduce the swirling vortex of negative energy around you, you poor doomed child.”

Lavender and Parvati have the oracle deck too, just because she does, but they aren’t able to get the same dramatic readings from it, for some strange reason.

Dee Ell

I love the idea of Trelawney's Frankendeck of horrors. I also think she'd have the Wormweird (subconsciously drawn to the absinthe as well as consciously to its overt "horrors": http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/wormweird/ as well as the Wyzard of Odd (so many things she could "see" in all that smoke! http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/wyzard-of-odd-tarot/

Another deck Arthur Weasley would have is the Movie Monsters Tarot - he would delight in the Muggle's imaginations: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/movie-monster/

I also like to imagine Peeves using this deck when no one is around in the castle for him to terrorize: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cyburrealism/ oh and he'd have this one stashed away somewhere too for when he's bored:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/corrumpe/
Though admittedly they probably wouldn't last long as they'd likely end up confetti on someone's head as soon as they showed up in the castle...

FLizarraga

I know! Professor Trelawney does not really read Tarot --she's more of a crystal ball, tea leaves kind of girl, plus her eyesight is bad -- but she buys ANY deck that comes with a scarf.

So we know she has the new LE Prague --and the Slow Holler.

FLizarraga

I think Snape would have a Mutational Alchemy stashed away with spells on it so no one could see what it was if they came across it. It has so many levels upon levels for him to study and analyze as well as some very thothy eroticism which could appeal to Snape's.... years of repressed feelings shall we say?

Oooooooh... I missed this! And I was going to post the exact same thing! :laugh:

Well, either this or the first edition of Robert Place's Alchemical. (He wouldn't take kindly to that, er, other Lovers card. Too uptight. He probably died a virgin.)

Dee Ell

Oooooooh... I missed this! And I was going to post the exact same thing! :laugh:

Well, either this or the first edition of Robert Place's Alchemical. (He wouldn't take kindly to that, er, other Lovers card. Too uptight. He probably died a virgin.)

What do you mean you missed it, you quoted that exact excerpt when you said you HATE me for opening your eyes to that deck 😜

But yeah, I'm sure Snape died a virgin. It was part of the joke I was making, but I think sometimes the full scope of my jokes are lost because I don't spell everything out (I find things are funnier when I have to arrive at the destination myself that I was pointed toward by the jokester)

So for those here who didn't get this, the joke is that Lily had red hair which is why Snape would enjoy the 6 of Alembics in particular, being the repressed virgin that he was 😂
The images on AT don't really show what I'm talking about... I think for many reasons both superficial and not Snape would be particularly drawn to the suit of Blades in its entirety as well as the 6 of Alembics :D http://abrahadabra.com/mutational-alchemy-tarot-book/

FLizarraga

What do you mean you missed it, you quoted that exact excerpt when you said you HATE me for opening your eyes to that deck 😜

Oh, I remembered the deck all right, but apparently I disregarded the Snape connection. My memory can be strangely selective.

But yeah, I'm sure Snape died a virgin. It was part of the joke I was making, but I think sometimes the full scope of my jokes are lost because I don't spell everything out (I find things are funnier when I have to arrive at the destination myself that I was pointed toward by the jokester)

So for those here who didn't get this, the joke is that Lily had red hair which is why Snape would enjoy the 6 of Alembics in particular, being the repressed virgin that he was 😂

I haven't looked at the 6 of Alembics, so, er, the joke is lost on me. :) But I understand not spelling out the jokes, or whatever I say. Too often I think I'm being crystal clear, and people are just staring at me blankly... :p

JylliM

Oh, I remembered the deck all right, but apparently I disregarded the Snape connection. My memory can be strangely selective.

I haven't looked at the 6 of Alembics, so, er, the joke is lost on me. :) But I understand not spelling out the jokes, or whatever I say. Too often I think I'm being crystal clear, and people are just staring at me blankly... :p

Same here. On here, I've realised I need to use emoticons more often for this very reason. :)

I think if Baba was to put out a large LE with a scarf of the Mythical Creatures then Hagrid would get that. Perfect theme, good size, and he could give the scarf to that 'large boned' French woman whose name escapes me for the moment.

feynrir

I know! Professor Trelawney does not really read Tarot --she's more of a crystal ball, tea leaves kind of girl, plus her eyesight is bad -- but she buys ANY deck that comes with a scarf.

So we know she has the new LE Prague --and the Slow Holler.

I don't read everything so I just saw this.

It is one of the funniest things on this thread!! I want "the scarf" to remain in the tarot consciousness FOREVER. :D

Dee Ell

We're ALL wrong!

I just finished book 6 and came across this... (see pic below)

And it appears that of all her Divination methods, she is most accurate with cards!! Aside from this excerpt which is humorously accurate, she pleads in this book with Dumbledore about her recent and continuous pulling of "the lightning struck tower" which, if you remember, is not just figuratively but literally prophetic for the end of that same book)

Anyway, enjoy 😉

Attachments

• Professor Trewlaneys Divination Deck Preference.jpg
    Professor Trewlaneys Divination Deck Preference.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 79