The Fairy Tale Tarot (Hello from Lisa Hunt)

LisaHuntArt

Oh, thank you everyone.
Yes, there is a new journal entry and image up (3 of Cups-Little Ida's Flowers).
www.thefairytaletarot.com
I'm so glad there are so many fans of fairy tales out there. Needless to say, I could write many thoughts on the process and art as these stories are so much a part of everything I am as an artist and author. Fairy tales had set the muses in motion for me at a very young age and I certainly hope it shows. A big part of the fairy tale journal is to parallel the feelings and experiences these stories generate as it applies to daily experiences. Of course, these stories are not self-contained, but will hopefully bring special meaning to the particular reader/user of the deck as they ponder the images and accompanying stories. So far, I've been rather spontaneous with my journal entries and choose cards that reflect how I'm feeling at the moment. The journal is becoming a journey in itself. Thank you again for your enthusiasm and support. It's greatly appreciated.
Warmly,
Lisa

shamoness

This is truly an amazing new deck. It is wonderful to see your in progress sketches. I am a big fan of your other decks and this is possibly the best so far. I can't wait to add it to my collection but I will also have to get one for my daughter. She has always wanted a Fairy Tale Tarot but has not yet found one she likes. I'll bet this will be it!

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us. AT is a great place and you are one more wonderful addition to the family!!

Essjay

Tower Card/Deception

The Tower Card is up on the gallery with a great journal entry to go with it. Given the financial disaster that the last week has been it's a very fitting fairy tale for this card imo.

Moonson

oh yes.. i know this one!!

Like Essjay as said, "very fitting fairy tale" to go along with our times...

"the King goes naked"!!

flying black kat

just enjoying the rest of the day

Dear Lisa:

I really love what I have seen of the Fairy Tale Tarot so far. I am a fan of yours. I have all of your decks and will add this one as soon as it is out. I will need to have at least 4. (1 for me, 1 for daughter in law & 1 for each sister).

With everything that is going on in our world, country and personal lives it is good to know that fairy tales still exist.

For all of those who love fairy tales, thank you.

Kathy

Erzebet

I always think of the Tower card as a more unexpected, cataclysmic, dire and fast acting card. The Emperor's New Clothes I think will take come getting used to and twisting of the definition for me.

Wonderful image though!

Moonson

seen the tarot kit, and it is amazing!!
i want one!! :)

DragonFae

I got the deck yesterday...it is amazing...at first I was taken back by the subtle colors, lots of pale blues, grays, etc....but the more I work with it....the more the colors seem just perfect....they create a enchanting world....like you are there in the fairytale itself (hard to explain) but it pulls the imagination...

Haven't really gotten into the book yet...but the tales themselves will provide rich rich meaning to the deck, as they offer a wide range of cultural expereince....and yet that have that common human story to them...

No borders....makes this deck unique and I think adds a GREAT deal of appeal...perhaps thats why the pciture captures your eye and draws you in to the story itself...no distractions.

I have just barely touched the surface of this deck....it is enchanting and is quickly becoming a deck I love...there is a personal connection for me already...it is strange...how that happens with some decks but is most elusive or nonexistent with others...odd.

Moonson

Nice DragonFae!! ;)
Tell us when you do a reading
Hope it comes here to my country!!

DragonFae

Today I examined and worked only with the Major arcana...it reads just as lovely as it looks....

I did a few one cards draws....one series involved three people involved in an on going situation and each person's card....truly captured their role in the issue...or offered an idea about where to head....

One was Entrapment: which was 100% accurate...being stuck

One was Temptation: again very accurate as this person needs to examine the shadow aspects they bring to the issue

One was Temperance: again the essence of this person's involvement.

Then I used the cards with the Hammer of Thor spread and again amazing....fit nicely and yet also offered some food for thought/insight....which is just what a good deck should do.

Finally: The stories are FABULOUS...they fit the cards nicely...and they are simple yet rich with meaning....these stories are going to make it super easy for me to learn tarot....something I have not explored...mostly focusing on oracle cards....but the stories lay things out nicely and are just what my mind needs to retain an association for each card.

All in all I am "in love" with the deck and plan on starting a blog to explore it more fully.

Edited to add:
http://enchantedfairytales-ginger.blogspot.com/