Lakota Sweat Lodge question......

faunabay

I just got the Lakota Sweat Lodge cards. I really love using them as a meditative tool and a focus to write in my journal. But............there are two Wind/Tate cards with different pictures. The cards are separated into different sections. One of the Tate cards is in the 16 great mysteries and one is a supernatural. So they are in different sections but they are both Wind/Tate cards. :confused:

The book doesn't seem to address or explain this at all. So does anyone know what this means?

BodhiSeed

Hi Faunabay,
If I were designing these cards, I'd call #6 Breath of Mother Earth and #23 Breath of Human Life.:D
The #6 card is like the breath of the earth (Wind), and represents movement, change, stirring things up. The #23 is the human breath (though also called wind) that can be used in self-expression, whether it is in speaking out or in creative expression such as music. I am guessing that the altar/sacred space that is on this card is an example of creative expression.
I don't know why Tate is represented twice, other than to tie in the breath of the earth and the breath of humans.

faunabay

OH!! That makes sense to me now. Thank you. :) It was just strange to have them named exactly the same things but in different places in the deck????? I was confoozed! LOL I like your names better. :)