Lunar Astrology-moon phases

214red

Does anyone know a good book that focuses of lunar astrology, the moon phases. I am going to go onto predictive astrology shortly, but in the mean time i feel a strong pull to work on the moon phases and how the link to my chart and impact me.

thank you muchly

PS I have other predictive books such as 'Eagle and the lark' and a few other ones

MareSaturni

Do you know Caroline Smith & John Astrop's Moon Oracle?

I know it's not really an Astrology book, but it has a lot of information about the Moon, its phases, how it behaves in different elements/Signs etc. It also has something about the moon mansions, so it could be an interesting complement to your studies.

Besides, the deck gives some nice readings. ;)

There's also Liz Greene's The Luminaries: The Psychology of the Sun and Moon in the Horoscope.

214red

thank you to both of you, i will look these up :)

dadsnook2000

Moon Phases --- PLUS

While Rudhyar's Lunation Cycle is considered by many to be "the book" on this topic, the best book by far is Marc Robertson's Engine of Destiney. This book offers eight planet pairs, each of which is analyzed through its eight phases.

This book introduced me to an approach in which I scan a chart for several phase-pairings and am able to grasp an initial assessment and understanding of the chart in less than a minute. I can then start focusing upon other typical chart investigations. The end result is being able to look at a chart and immediately start talking the chart and asking relative questions. This book was not one of the 350+ books I threw away several years ago. Dave

214red

i have purchased
Rudhyar's Lunation Cycle and Marc Robertson's Engine of Destiny

Caroline Smith & John Astrop's Moon Oracle- this was unavailable, might put it on my wish list

so thank you all very much!

BigLuna

New Book on Moon Phases

There's a new book on the phases by Raven Kaldera, "Moon Phase Astrology The Lunar Key to Your Destiny." It's an interesting book in that Kaldera gives attention to each phase in each sign and gives that Moon a name. For example, if you were born during the Gibbous Moon in Capricorn, that's a Smith's Moon. It's an interesting book, new to the market, very readable.

I can also recommend Maria Kay Simms book, "Moon Tides, Soul Passages." Simms also covers the progressed phase and includes some simple software for determining phases for a lifetime with the book.

214red

thanks BL i will look at those after xmas:)

214red

I have the books and am finding them interesting, i am slowly working my way through them.
Rudhyar's Lunation Cycle & Marc Robertson's Engine of Destiny are good, i have to keep coming back to them and the destiny book i havent quite grasped it yet, but i am giving the information space in my head to become knowledge and 'click'.

the other recomendations are on my wish list, i wanted to sa a big thanks for the suggestions, i am getting their slowly. the old books i have on astrology reference these names and books, and i never noticed it before

Barleywine

While Rudhyar's Lunation Cycle is considered by many to be "the book" on this topic, the best book by far is Marc Robertson's Engine of Destiney. This book offers eight planet pairs, each of which is analyzed through its eight phases.

This book introduced me to an approach in which I scan a chart for several phase-pairings and am able to grasp an initial assessment and understanding of the chart in less than a minute. I can then start focusing upon other typical chart investigations. The end result is being able to look at a chart and immediately start talking the chart and asking relative questions. This book was not one of the 350+ books I threw away several years ago. Dave

I just realized I have this book, but it was invisible to me on the shelf because a) it's almost of pamphlet size (with no spine text it's hidden among its bulkier brethren), and b) the "Engine of Destiny" title is bracketed by a much larger "Cosmopsychology" at the top of the cover and followed by "Planets & Personality," and none of the various titles say a word about the lunation cycle. I dug it out for a re-read since I bought and read it around 1974 and haven't looked at it since; I also dug out my old "phase-finder" wheel, which looks much like the "continental" chart form at the back of the book. As an extension of this theme, books on the eclipses (special cases in the lunation cycle) by Robert Carl Jansky and Sepharial (a reprint from 1915) jumped out at me, demanding attention. Looks like deep water ahead :)!!!

ETA: In looking closely at the "phase-finder" wheel (that came from the same publisher as "Engine of Destiny"), I notice that it refers to a couple of additional books/publications that describe phase meanings:

"Not a Sign in the Sky" by Marc Robertson
"The Spiral of Life" by Jinni and Joanne
"Astrology, the Cosmic Pattern," part of a correspondence course by Joanne Wickenburg (the same Joanne?) and probably not readily available unless captured in her later published work

I don't have any of these so can't speak to their value.