PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE (ORACLE OF VISIONS)

ana luisa

I am about to buy the Oracle of Visions by Ciro. I love its images and already have his Gilded and Legacy. So, as far as his art, I'm a fan. I just need to know how well it reads. I have bought gorgeous decks in the past that are amost unreadable. How have been your experiences with the OV ? I really appreciate any input :thumbsup:

2dogs

I've had a look at the images on the web and I'd be struggling - what about you, do the meanings jump out for you?

ana luisa

Honestly, I am all for intricate symbols since I tend to read the image instead of the card for Tarot. I would imagine with time, I will be able to get messages from the OV since it's so rich and colorful. However, I wonder how people felt while really USING it...
You asked about things popping. Nothing really pops but more like words, main impressions based on the overall vibe of the card... I'm still on the fence here.

Styx

I received it only a few days ago, so this opinion has not been tested by time yet, but I find these cards very easily readable.
I feel that this deck is not one that consists of a string of affirmation cards (sometimes I do like these for introspection) ; each card seems to be directly linked with everyday life and has plenty of potential meanings.
For me it was a very easy choice, as I wanted this deck as soon as I first saw the images online. Perhaps watching video reviews would help you?

ana luisa

I received it only a few days ago, so this opinion has not been tested by time yet, but I find these cards very easily readable.
I feel that this deck is not one that consists of a string of affirmation cards (sometimes I do like these for introspection) ; each card seems to be directly linked with everyday life and has plenty of potential meanings.
For me it was a very easy choice, as I wanted this deck as soon as I first saw the images online. Perhaps watching video reviews would help you?

Haven't thought of that! That's a neat idea, will do :thumbsup:

Styx

It is always very helpful for me to see the deck (tarot or oracle) in use, either through a blog or a video. It gives me a better idea of the general atmosphere, it helps me to discard decks that I would find impossible to read with and sometimes brings new ones to my attention.

ana luisa

Giving you guys a follow-up. I did buy it and have used it twice. Quality-wise, it´s amazing. the colors are gorgeous, the stock is very good and the finish is irreproachable. NOW, afa reading is concerned, this deck is very hard to talk to. it´s like a very smart relative you like a lot but have a hard time communicating with. The symbology is quite rich which helps a bit but it will take me some time to actually make our conversations "flow". Unlike other books, its LWB is quite useful but I will use it only as a sprinboard for the time being :)

2dogs

The art certainly looks top quality. :cool3:

As you have Ciro's Tarots can you relate some of the symbols in this deck to what you already know of those?

ana luisa

The art certainly looks top quality. :cool3:

As you have Ciro's Tarots can you relate some of the symbols in this deck to what you already know of those?

Yes and no... It is hard for me to translate this to English but the feel of OOV is very "encapsulated". It holds wonders but the trick to opening the safe is really hard to figure out. I have had this type of difficulty before with other gorgeous decks. Maybe beauty is not for me :D The uglier I find the deck, the easier my intuition finds it to talk. Go figure.

FLizarraga

I don't have the OV, ana luisa, but judging by the images I have seen it looks a little, I don't know, scattered --like there are too many disparate things going on in each card.

I also love busy, ornate, intricate decks (as you well know) but perhaps I would have with it the same troubles I have with the Voyager Tarot and the Transformational Tarot: it's hard for me to find a common theme in each card. They are all over the place.