DECK OF THE MONTH: JANUARY

merissa_88

Hi everyone!

Theme TBA (if anyone has an idea, let me know)

Please feel free to join me and I'll add your name, deck, and "project" for the month!

Feel free to post readings in this forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

WELCOME!

Please post a comment to include the deck or decks you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread. It belongs to all of us!

Most importantly, have fun!

*** WHEN POSTING ABOUT YOUR DECKS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR DECK(S) THAT YOU ARE USING ON THE "TITLE" LINE FOR EASY REFERENCE***

beginagain: Tarot of Vampyres
conurelover: Night Sun Tarot
Lil Red: Alice Tarot
merissa_88: Quantum Tarot

beginagain

The Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels

I've been working with the Rider Waite system from day one. I want to try a Thoth deck, but I'm a little wary about jumping straight in. I figure that a hybrid like the Vampyres is a good bridge between the two. I also think it'll help me with the Rider Waite system in the long term, as the discipline of careful study over the next four weeks will help improve my concentration some. I hope.

I'm planing to do a three card draw every day, with a large spread each weekend. I will be focusing on self improvement with the small draws during the week, with a large divinatory spread on the weekend. If neither is possible, I'll stick to a single card a day, just to keep the gears grinding.

conurelover

Night Sun Tarot

Happy New Year!

I would like to join this month with the new Night Sun Tarot as soon as it arrives in the mail tomorrow. I will likely journal this deck like I have journaled other decks in the past. I think I will draw a Major every day and journal about it and study a suit per week. I plan to do larger spreads with it each weekend.

Lil Red

Alice Tarot

I'll like to continue working with this month Alice Tarot. Now that I finally finished reading the books, I am ready to start with the companion book. After I finish reading the companion I plan to use my cards and do a few readings. Then I'll write a review on my blog by the end of the month.

merissa_88

Happy New Year! So happy to see you all here.

I am in with another month with the Quantum Tarot. May cheat a little with the Celtic Tarot this month but am looking forwards to another great month with this amazing deck that is getting me to read about particle physics. :)

Everyone has really great decks/projects. Am looking forward to hearing about them. I plan to spend more time with the minors this month and continue listening to the Titanium Physicist's Podcast.

conurelover

Night Sun Tarot

Well my deck arrived and I like the deck so far. The cards themselves have alchemical symbols and symbols from the Kabbalah on them. Very interesting. These are unlike any other decks I have. I started to write up about the Majors in the IDS area:

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Lil Red

I've been readin the Alice Companion book and it does seem interesting. I just feel a bit impatient with it due to not using my cards yet. I'm thinking in changing my priorities. As in explore one card a day and write what I think about the card. Then in the end of the day I'll match it to what the books says. The reason is to see if Baba and I think the same. Another reason is so I can finally play with it.

conurelover

Night Sun Tarot

I am slowly working my way through the Majors and studied Cups this week.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4175498#post4175498

This week I will work on Hermit through Temperance and study the Suit of Coins.

Fabio Listrani uses his own meanings for these cards and the Knight is ranked higher than the Kings in the minor arcana.

merissa_88

Quantum Tarot

Well -I'm almost all the way through the majors, and this is my second month with it.

One thing I'm really interested in is the first 5 majors. They are really well-organized. The Fool represents the Big Bang. The Magician is associated with electromagnetism and light. The High Priestess is connected with the weak nuclear force that allows for decay. This creates the spaces between things or the mystery. The Empress represents gravity which draws things together. And the Emperor represents the strong nuclear force that holds a nucleus together.

So the Big Band and the four forces start things off.

beginagain

I just want to weigh in and say that I've done no readings with my deck whatsoever. I'll remedy this tonight, but any study I do get done will have to carry on through to next month.