Re-ordering the cards

Seahorse

I normally only read for myself and occasionally for a couple of close friends, and I've always read the cards in the order that they're pulled. I've always thought this was the way it was meant to be done (whether I was able to interpret them or not!)

Today, I read for 2 people I've never met before and know nothing about. A little scary to say the least!! But I asked them to shuffle and pull the cards they felt drawn to. When I first looked at them they just made no sense to me at all, so I instinctively changed their order and found I could tell a story with them. Both sitters (surprisingly) said I was spot on with everything I said. One even went so far to say that she'd had paid readings before which weren't nearly as accurate.

Is this something that is ok to do? I've paid for readings before and it's always been read in the order the cards were drawn, so is this unusual or is it a case of do whatever feels right at the time?

HOLMES

yes it is fine

I started doing it , when cards were not making sense, after I explained it..
or I used that to further claify what I meant.

also I found that in doing a ten card spread,,somes the cards energy would break them up into 2 groups of fives.

so yes it is fine to change the order of cards after you explain the original order (for sometimes we dont' know what the client needs to hear ) and do it afterwards as another means of clairifying the cards is what I would say.

Seahorse

Ah I didn't think to also discuss them in the original order, but it makes sense that it could be what they querent needs to hear.

I too found myself setting them into different groups. For one, what would traditionally have been the 'past' ie the first cards drawn, ended up in the future position which she said made total sense.